Mark 23 Suppressor options - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Mark 23 Suppressor options

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblestone View Post
    You guys can do what you want. I'm getting a Motocraft oil filter and one of those thread adapters, paint the Mk23 white to match, and run with that.
    Maybe.
    The problem with an oil filter suppressor is that what you save on the suppressor, you wind up spending on changing out the sights
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    The problem with an oil filter suppressor is that what you save on the suppressor, you wind up spending on changing out the sights
    I have never tried it. Mostly because it costs the same $200 and I have encountered a few oil filters that don't even filter oil very well. I reckon I leave sound suppression to sound profession professionals, and not just any sound suppression professional.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It took almost a year, but my Octane45HD came through.
    Suddenly, that model doesn't show up on the Silencerco page, though. So, maybe you can't get it any more.

Does a good job on the pistol and the LBT Mk23 holsters can accept it with nothing more than a strap extension (for the flapless LBT version - my flap holster doesn't require even that, but the bottom edge of the tube does not reach the bottom of the pocket and may present a rip hazard). I added an extra wrap strap near the top of the flap to keep the retention loop from being subject to getting moved off the suppressor.
    I'll write this mod up when I have time.
    In fact, I have several other projects related to the pistol that I will post when done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

It took almost a year, but my Octane45HD came through.
    Suddenly, that model doesn't show up on the Silencerco page, though. So, maybe you can't get it any more.

Does a good job on the pistol and the LBT Mk23 holsters can accept it with nothing more than a strap extension (for the flapless LBT version - my flap holster doesn't require even that, but the bottom edge of the tube does not reach the bottom of the pocket and may present a rip hazard). I added an extra wrap strap near the top of the flap to keep the retention loop from being subject to getting moved off the suppressor.
    I'll write this mod up when I have time.
    In fact, I have several other projects related to the pistol that I will post when done.
    Congratulations--- but will the LBT also accommodate a LAM???

Tony

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just this weekend i picked up my KAC 23 after 11 months in ATF jail.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by osbornec View Post
    Just this weekend i picked up my KAC 23 after 11 months in ATF jail.
    Awesome--- congratulations!!!

Tony

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Congratulations--- but will the LBT also accommodate a LAM???

Tony
    This I cannot answer very well.
    The only laser I have holstered in either version of the LBT holster is a Viridian X5L which came with my pistol.

In a brand new LBT flap version, it is tight but works fine.
    In the no flap LBT I had to remove a line of stitching that runs down the length of the holster a half inch or so inward of the seam at the rear. I made a post in Saddlery about that.
    The tight fit problem was experienced with the GG&G style mounts. The Sextus Gator33 model is much sleeker and leaves significantly more room.

The other guys with other lights and lasers will have to answer for the rest of the LAMs.

Now that I have the can and turned the Mk23 into a Combat Buntline Special, I think I'll hunt up one of those recent military style shotgun scabbards, cut it down, add a flap, and carry it on my back on a strap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nope on the LAM fitting in the LBT . I have the wilcox light and laser (actually i have 2 spare lights). Picked up the lights for $36 off ebay a year ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

the kac mk23 balances so well on the HK Mark 23 ... doesnt feel like a pendulum

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

This I cannot answer very well.
    The only laser I have holstered in either version of the LBT holster is a Viridian X5L which came with my pistol.

In a brand new LBT flap version, it is tight but works fine.
    In the no flap LBT I had to remove a line of stitching that runs down the length of the holster a half inch or so inward of the seam at the rear. I made a post in Saddlery about that.
    The tight fit problem was experienced with the GG&G style mounts. The Sextus Gator33 model is much sleeker and leaves significantly more room.

The other guys with other lights and lasers will have to answer for the rest of the LAMs.

Now that I have the can and turned the Mk23 into a Combat Buntline Special, I think I'll hunt up one of those recent military style shotgun scabbards, cut it down, add a flap, and carry it on my back on a strap.
    Thanks--- the Viridian is smaller than the Wilcox setup--- thought that one of the LBT models would accept the Insight without modification!!!

Tony

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links