Mark 23 Suppressor options
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Mark 23 Suppressor options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mark 23 Suppressor options

I'm suppressor shopping for my Mark 23.

I read that the KAC suppressor was designed for the Mark 23, and even helps with recoil. So I'm assuming they factored in length and weight when planning this. Is there anything advantageous to staying with this suppressor other than originality and the "fit"?

It's not an issue of cost, but I've seen some that are shorter, and lighter that are advertised as the newest great thing.

Also, what is it with wetting a suppressor? I never saw an explanation, but comments I saw about one mentioned it wasn't very quiet unless it's wet.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

To the best of my knowledge, only two suppressors were purpose built for the MARK 23 - the KAC and the B&T. Unless HK has changed their policy, these are the only two that are approved by HK, meaning that using another brand suppressor could void your warranty. I live in France, so I have the B&T because the KAC is not available. Now that B&T is selling suppressors in the States, you may be able to get one there, but the KAC is the one that was used by the SEALs and is the preferred suppressor for collectors.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Just to add, with any of the shorter and lighter options, they are NOT going to be as quiet. The newer cans that popped up were only quieter ( and not really noticeably, no matter how nice they are) because they are 1" or more in length longer than the KAC can. The Mark 23 and KAC is a perfect combo, weight, sound, and of hands down aesthetics over all the rest of the competing cans and that's being shot dry or wet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I've witnessed a side by side comparison of the KAC and another brand of suppressor. The sound read to my ears to be equally quiet. Wet shooting is definitely quieter but a mess. The KAC suppressor is more expensive, heavier and an older design. It is also the most robust design I have seen. The weight is a benefit if you consider the recoil dampening effect. The cost is worth the benefit. Add to that the fact that the KAC suppressor was designed specifically for the Mark 23 so timing etc. are perfect. That is why the warranty remains in place when using one. I have seen reports here of other brand suppressors damaging the slide of HK pistols. IIRC they were both USP Tacticals and after thousands of rounds.
    D9M9TR9S, THRLSEKR and gsyoung54 like this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I wouldn't go for the KAC can, unless you're a purist that only wants the original. It's an old design - so it's not as quiet as modern suppressors, and it's heavier. The MK23 is front-heavy enough with a modern suppressor, so I wouldn't want the extra weight of the original. It works well, but then again so do the new suppressors (and you could easily argue they do it better).

I have the Osprey 45 and really enjoy it. Light, quiet, durable, cool design. Plenty of good options out there, but you'll need to check for whether they make a piston for the proprietary MK23 piston threading.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have an unfired KAC/Mark23 with same serial number. I am hoping I can swing another that is available that has been shot for my shooter. But, yes, either KAC or B&T.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, only two suppressors were purpose built for the MARK 23 - the KAC and the B&T. Unless HK has changed their policy, these are the only two that are approved by HK, meaning that using another brand suppressor could void your warranty. I live in France, so I have the B&T because the KAC is not available. Now that B&T is selling suppressors in the States, you may be able to get one there, but the KAC is the one that was used by the SEALs and is the preferred suppressor for collectors.
    I had not heard this. I'll drop a note to HK and ask what the policy actually is now.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mark 23 Suppressor options-img_0416.jpegMark 23 Suppressor options-img_0424.jpg :-d
    D9M9TR9S, AGG, caf82313 and 1 others like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Knights suppressor. I am shocked by how well balanced the beast is when the can is attached. I really like shooting it.

ETA--I forgot to mention that I like the Knights can enough that i bought the USP-T version when they were cheap a couple of years ago
    Last edited by tallybeard; 05-29-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interesting discussion. I have an Osprey 45 in jail at this moment. I purchased it as I thought any suppressor could be used with either the USP Tactical series or Mark 23. Hopefully it does not void the warranty or I have an expensive paper weight!! I will also email HK Customer service to see what their present policy is. I have read the manuals and do not recall anything mentioned about what kind of suppressor to use, but I may have overlooked this so I am going through the manuals this pm. When I purchased both the USP 45 Tactical and Mark 23 many years ago, I did not contemplate at the time of buying a suppressor, but the political climate in the US has changed drastically, so I made the purchase. Will try to get a response and post it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links