HKPRO Forums banner

MP5/40 - What are the actual HK original factory trigger groups / housings?

730 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MW2152 
#1 ·
I was trying to figure out which exact trigger groups and housings the factory MP5/40 guns came with or could be bought with. It's purely a curiousity thing. They seem to be usually seen (both clone and factory) with ambi packs and housings, in one of the standard ambi configurations.

The HK MP5 Armorer Manual lists the trigger packs which were manufactured for MP5/40 use. On their material, I only see ambi packs listed.

There are SEF housings available for use on MP5/40 guns tho, they appears to be cut for the MP5/40 bolt hold open.

So my question is two parts:

1- Are the ambi packs and housings the only HK factory made options for the MP5/40 (as in they never made SEF 40 stuff)
2- If the answer to #1 is "HK only made ambi MP5/40 packs" - then what is the story on the SEF MP5/40 housings I see on the RTG Parts website? - are they standard MP5 SEF housings which someone modified the sides to, to fit the MP5/40 bolt hold
open?

Like I said, just curious. Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.