Suppressed HK91/SR
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Suppressed HK91/SR

  1. #1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 1,243
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default Suppressed HK91/SR

    So, I have this SR9. The end goal is to have the T-rails welded on, and to get the barrel threaded for use with a suppressor.

    I've been reading up on whats necessary for using a suppressor with a 91/SR9. Seems like I need to / should swap out the locking piece?

    What effect would that have when shooting UNsuppressed? I'm amusing the easy (read: pricey) route would be to just set up a second bolt group to swap back and forth for suppressed / unsuppressed usage?

    How are folks handling this?
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

  2. #2
    AGG
    AGG is online now
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 33,280
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

    Default

    Wasn't it a #17 LP for suppressed???
    Personally, I would have 2 bolt groups for ease of use.

    Tony
    Lamont and Conelrad like this.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    HK91A2's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    So, I have this SR9. The end goal is to have the T-rails welded on, and to get the barrel threaded for use with a suppressor.

    I've been reading up on whats necessary for using a suppressor with a 91/SR9. Seems like I need to / should swap out the locking piece?

    What effect would that have when shooting UNsuppressed? I'm amusing the easy (read: pricey) route would be to just set up a second bolt group to swap back and forth for suppressed / unsuppressed usage?

    How are folks handling this?
    I put a #17LP in my HK-91. It will not function without the suppressor. It functions perfectly with the can on. Building up a second bolt group does sound like a good idea now that I think of it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suppressed HK91/SR-dsc05511.jpg   Suppressed HK91/SR-dsc05478.jpg  
    Last edited by HK91A2; 06-04-2019 at 02:13 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,091
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

    Default

    Also, don’t forget to have enough of the correct US made parts (presuming a previous owner didn’t already do the dirty deed by swapping stocks or some such thing).
    Last edited by SudS; 06-04-2019 at 12:47 AM.

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 1,243
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HK91A2 View Post
    I put a #17LP in my HK-91. It will not function without the suppressor. I functions perfectly with the can on. Building up a second bolt group does sound like a good idea now that I think of it...
    Thanks -- and nice rifle. Any luck getting it to cycle with subsonic?

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    HK91A2's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I bought it new in 1983 for $449, so it is all OEM

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    HK91A2's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Thanks -- and nice rifle. Any luck getting it to cycle with subsonic?
    I did not even know that there was such a thing as subsonic 308. I'll have to do a bit of research, might be a good option if I ever shoot non-suppressed!
    sickness likes this.

  9. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 1,243
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HK91A2 View Post
    I did not even know that there was such a thing as subsonic 308. I'll have to do a bit of research, might be a good option if I ever shoot non-suppressed!
    Would love a range report!

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 104
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I run a #17 + Sandman L on my PTR91 FR. Had side rails welded on by TPM outfitters near my work in Carrollton, Texas.

    It runs 100% with or without the suppressor. It’s has a very soft recoil after the #17. Without it, recoil is very sharp and you run the risk of putting dimples in your receiver.

  11. #10
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    GuntherRommel's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : Bend, Oregon
    Age : 49
    Posts : 1,705
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a few hundred rounds of this: HSM .308 Winchester (7.62x51) 175 Gr. Sierra HPBT Tungsten-Coated Subsonic- Box of 20. Haven't tried any yet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •