question about sear and host gun

Thread: question about sear and host gun

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default question about sear and host gun

So there is a sear that I am looking at but on the form it says that is comes with a host gun. The host gun is an short barrel but the gun doesn't have a stamp because the paper says the gun comes with the sear. (it is a transferable sear BTW). If that is the case am I able to form 1 the the gun and make it an SBR seperate from the sear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, if you separate before the form one, just take the gun apart.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes you can SBR the rifle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yep. the info in field 4H or whatever describing the host is ancillary info. Just make sure that the SEAR is indeed the registered part - by serial number in the other fields etc. Then later file form 1 for sbr and I'd include a brief letter stating what you are doing ( in some parlance "divorcing a sear from a host" which is sure to irk some people -that terminology) . Once approved you are good to go now owning a stand alone SBR and a stand alone sear.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Yes you can as long as not a swing down lower then it would be permanently married to the gun without destroying the gun.............As far as before the Form 1 absolutely do not remove the sear and take the gun apart!!!!
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Last thing to ask on this, what happens if I have RDTS or Ralph Jr pin a fake suppressor to the gun, can it be considered a title one firearm?
    The reason I ask is because I already have one like that done.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Yes you can as long as not a swing down lower then it would be permanently married to the gun without destroying the gun.............As far as before the Form 1 absolutely do not remove the sear and take the gun apart!!!!
    Yea if its one of the Vollmer conversions where he converted the gun to a dual push pin the sear can't be separated unless the host is destroyed. Past that it depends on what is registered. If its a normal sear or trigger pack that is registered it can be moved(after taking the host and registering it or converting it to a title 1 gun). If the receiver was registered and the trigger pack has a conversion sear in it(ciener did some guns like this) then it can't be separated either.

Quote Originally Posted by Miacovet View Post
    Last thing to ask on this, what happens if I have RDTS or Ralph Jr pin a fake suppressor to the gun, can it be considered a title one firearm?
    The reason I ask is because I already have one like that done.
    Thanks!
    So if its a hk gun that started as a rifle(91, 93, 94 or a clone of one of them) then yes it could be converted back to a rifle with a fake suppressor that is pinned and welded back on to make the gun into a title 1 config. Why would you want to though vs doing a form 1? It would be cheaper to sbr the host.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Yea if its one of the Vollmer conversions where he converted the gun to a dual push pin the sear can't be separated unless the host is destroyed. Past that it depends on what is registered. If its a normal sear or trigger pack that is registered it can be moved(after taking the host and registering it or converting it to a title 1 gun). If the receiver was registered and the trigger pack has a conversion sear in it(ciener did some guns like this) then it can't be separated either.

So if its a hk gun that started as a rifle(91, 93, 94 or a clone of one of them) then yes it could be converted back to a rifle with a fake suppressor that is pinned and welded back on to make the gun into a title 1 config. Why would you want to though vs doing a form 1? It would be cheaper to sbr the host.
    Honestly, so i could have it in my hands as soon as the gun and sear transfer to my class 3 while I wait for the sear. also to have the fake suppressor ready for if and when i want to sell. It makes it so much easier to transfer those mp5's builds so that it isn't on a form 4 and you have to wait a year for it.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Yea if its one of the Vollmer conversions
    S&H did some as well I have talked with Curtis about it numerous times and have seen a couple............

Sponsored Links