Suppressors for HK MP5 .40 ?

Thread: Suppressors for HK MP5 .40 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Suppressors for HK MP5 .40 ?

Anyone know of any suppressors with QD 3 lug mounts for the MP5 .40 S&W?

Note the .40 3 lug has a bludged neck that won't allow a 9mm 3 lug female mount

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I'm GUESSING here, but I think you use a .45 ACP suppressor? I'm curious as well, but for a USPT in 40 - though it's a LH thread 14.5 to 1.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The dimensions of the 3-lug is the same between a .40 cal and 9mm barrel, it is the muzzle end of the barrel that is a larger diameter on the .40 cal guns.

If you buy a 45 can with a 9mm 3-lug mount all it takes is boring out the piston to allow it to fit. You'll also need a smooth thread protector.

I run an old Raptor 40 on my 10mm & 9mm MP5's by changing the pistons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm running the Gemtech Raptor .40, not manufactured anymore, but get in touch with GSL Technology. They manufactured most of the internals for Gemtech back in the day and can make you pretty much anything - I just purchased some parts for my Gemtech Raptor from them. https://gsltechnology.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

omega45K with a griffen 3 lug adaptor.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelbj View Post
    I'm running the Gemtech Raptor .40, not manufactured anymore, but get in touch with GSL Technology. They manufactured most of the internals for Gemtech back in the day and can make you pretty much anything - I just purchased some parts for my Gemtech Raptor from them. https://gsltechnology.com/
    I tried calling them today but got a weird voicemail message so i didn’t leave a message. I was going to ask about their 3 lug adapter working on Gemtech’s.

Do they answer emails sent through their site do you know?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Griffin Armament makes a .45 cal 3 lug adapter that interfaces with their Resistance 45 and Revolution 45 cans.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    I tried calling them today but got a weird voicemail message so i didn’t leave a message. I was going to ask about their 3 lug adapter working on Gemtech’s.

Do they answer emails sent through their site do you know?
    It was a little difficult to get in touch with them yes, I emailed the site and it took several weeks for them to respond, but they eventually did. And I did call once and I think it forwarded to someones personal cell phone. They aren't great at actually selling products, but they did have the parts I needed and came through.

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have used the Gemtech, AAC and HK/Knight's units on the 40 S&W MP5.

I prefer the Knight's unit, but it is hard to get and hideously expensive. Next would be the AAC. I had a problem with the Gemtech quick mount. I ended up prefering the AAC, but you need a smooth thread protector for it and any other QD mount to work.

The factory HK suppressor is a nice unit if you are purchasing at Police or Military pricing and it is extremely durable except for the etching on the tube.

If price is the key, go with AAC.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Griffin armament (40/10mm - $130) adaptor fits onto Octane/Omega suppressor (so does the rugged 3 lug, its what i used before SiCo brought out their reduced sized 9mm and 45acp 3 lug adaptors). The griffin fits the 40/10mm 3 lug on HK (but not the APC), whereas the 45 SiCo fits the APC 45, but not the HK 40/10.

Sponsored Links