Usc to ump conversion form 1 question
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Usc to ump conversion form 1 question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Usc to ump conversion form 1 question

Im changing the ingraving from usc to ump and performing a rear section splice. Use ump or usc in the model section form 1?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you mark it UMP you can use UMP, put down whatever model is on the gun

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If you are going to remark the receiver UMP, you would put UMP in 4d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01 / 03

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

If it says it on the form, it has to be there on the receiver.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Here's the thing, I recently converted my HK93 to HK33K with factory 33K barrel so it had to put it on a Form 1. I was going to have Mike mark it 33K so that was what I put on my Form 1. The ATF sent the Form 1 back to me stating they did not have a HK33K in their system and I to put HK93 on the Form 1. I really think it boils down to the examiner. I'd put USC on the Form 1 so I know for a fact that it will not get sent back to you and waste time in the approval process.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It’s a USC when you send it in. The form represents the rifle as you submitted it. As part of your “making” process, you might re-Mark it “UMP” when you get a stamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Usc to ump conversion form 1 question-3aecbb07-1bf7-4cc0-947b-686c73ee0355_1560658548034.jpeg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFudd View Post
    It’s a USC when you send it in. The form represents the rifle as you submitted it. As part of your “making” process, you might re-Mark it “UMP” when you get a stamp.
    Exactly.

It's still a USC, and will always be. Just like many of the SL8s out there, marked to G36 after conversion but are still SL8s. There are many papered weapons that don't match the models actually on them, it's purely cosmetic.

The serial number is what you can't mess with, of course. If the serials match up between the form and the firearm, you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Here's the thing, I recently converted my HK93 to HK33K with factory 33K barrel so it had to put it on a Form 1. I was going to have Mike mark it 33K so that was what I put on my Form 1. The ATF sent the Form 1 back to me stating they did not have a HK33K in their system and I to put HK93 on the Form 1. I really think it boils down to the examiner. I'd put USC on the Form 1 so I know for a fact that it will not get sent back to you and waste time in the approval process.
    In the case of the USC it may also prevent them from thinking someone is trying to register an MG as an SBR, though the serial number prefix as assigned by HK should assist in that. It probably depends on the examiner. I believe folks have used original serials on receivers built up from demilled pieces.
    Last edited by sweersa; 06-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I SBR'd an Arsenal SGL 22-94 back in 2018 which is a Russian made Saiga converted by Arsenal to AK-104 with 16" barrel. It had AK-104 marked on the left side of the receiver. I put SGL 22-94 / AK-104 on the Form 1 and got a call from the examiner asking me what model was marked on the receiver. The only thing marked on the receiver was the AK-104. I was told that the model marked on the receiver had to go on the Form 1, but the actual model was SGL 22-94. So go figure, as I said I think it has a lot to do with the examiner.

I would still put the original markings on the Form 1 even if you plan on changing them to be safe and save time.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I would still put the original markings on the Form 1 even if you plan on changing them to be safe and save time.
    No. Don’t do this. You will end up with USC on the form and UMP on the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links