HK MP5 SD not cycling with particular ammo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK MP5 SD not cycling with particular ammo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK MP5 SD not cycling with particular ammo

We have a German MP5 SD that by chance i found wont cycle with a particular factory ammo, Remington JHP 9mm.

Will short stroke and not eject the case most of the time.

At first i thought it was the JHP projectile but then i tried Gold Dot JHP and they ran fine.

All factory FMJs run fine too

Just Remington 9mm JHP causes short stroKes and FTE

Anyone know or ueard of this problem?

The recoil sprinng rod and bcg are all for the mp5sd , matching.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You answered your own question. If it runs with other brands, then use the other brands. Just because it doesn't run with this ammo don't blame the gun. It's not the gun it's the ammo. These guns were designed for higher SAAMI type ammo.

That's cheap underpowered so-called ammunition. I use Hiretenberger in my MP5's, 9BPLE +P+.

Just like putting cheap 87 octane in a Porsche then when it doesn't run you blame the car.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The gun is designed for nato spec ammo which is closer to +p in load from my understanding. Range ammo like the umc might have issues. I usually run Winchester 124gr nato ammo through mine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

WW and Remington Ammo sucks in SD’s! If you want to shoot that crap play around with different LP’s until you find one that will reliably work with it, but make sure and change LP when you go to HV ammo.

Tip - Just buy and shoot Winchester NATO 124gr and all your MP5s will always run until extreme filthy. That ammo is reasonably priced and works very well.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Then use different ammo?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are a number of guns(i.e. P08 Luger, etc.) that do not like that Remington ammo. I own a small quantity of it, but don't subject any of my firearms to it. My MP5 clones really love the Winchester 124gr NATO loading.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    Just buy and shoot Winchester NATO 124gr and all your MP5s will always run until extreme filthy. That ammo is reasonably priced and works very well.
    Found that to be very true in my SD as well.

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes. I have heard of this problem. There was once an institution with a century of successfully manufacturing affordable and high quality arms and ammunition. It was called Remington.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the Remington JHP were of sufficient powder load. Guess not. Glad I didn't use them as defense ammo

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1. What ammo weight and pressure are a huge factor here

2. What locking pieces are you using? Some of those issues with receivers getting beat up can be from using the incorrect locking piece. iirc, regular MP5's should use the 100 degree LP, while MP5K's with stock and suppressor should use the 80 degree LP and the MP5SD the 120 degree. On HK91's, going to a #17 LP (36 degree) will noticeably reduce recoil and keep the receiver from getting beat up

3. How many rounds do you estimate before locking pieces need to be changed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links