SEF SEAR ready pack for S&H sear
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: SEF SEAR ready pack for S&H sear

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default SEF SEAR ready pack for S&H sear

I need the resident RKI's on this board to set me straight. I have an S&H sear that I want to setup in a SEF sear pack. I have a semi auto elbow spring and retimed hammer. Can I buy a pack frame that is ready to go and just add my parts to it? What parts do I need? Because I know someone will mention it, I would love to have one of our respected smith's see it but do Not want to ship the sear. I really wish that was an option...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No, the pack has to be modified for a registered sear as they are different than the factory ones. You might be able to find a gunsmith in your state that can do the work but honestly the best option is going to be to mail the sear insured to someone that will do it right. Some people will end up driving to another state to hand deliver something. I was at TSC Machine picking up a gun and someone drove from like Ohio down to Virginia to drop off his hk94/mp5 with sear for repair as he didn't want to mail the 40k dollar gun.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RossinFL View Post
    I need the resident RKI's on this board to set me straight. I have an S&H sear that I want to setup in a SEF sear pack. I have a semi auto elbow spring and retimed hammer. Can I buy a pack frame that is ready to go and just add my parts to it? What parts do I need? Because I know someone will mention it, I would love to have one of our respected smith's see it but do Not want to ship the sear. I really wish that was an option...
    If you do ship it I would encourage you to only use USPS Registered. Safest way to ship a MG only way I will ship/receive one. Stays under lock n key whole time and has to be signed and accounted for by each individual who touches the package. UPS/FedEx one of the two not even legal to ship MG the other only insures up to $5k on a MG. Where as USPS you can insure up to 50k. My guess if you were shipping from FL up to TSC who I recommend as well at $50k probably run you around $50-$75 bucks at most.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    If you do ship it I would encourage you to only use USPS Registered. Safest way to ship a MG only way I will ship/receive one. Stays under lock n key whole time and has to be signed and accounted for by each individual who touches the package. UPS/FedEx one of the two not even legal to ship MG the other only insures up to $5k on a MG. Where as USPS you can insure up to 50k. My guess if you were shipping from FL up to TSC who I recommend as well at $50k probably run you around $50-$75 bucks at most.
    This is GREAT information for folks who need to ship an MG. Thanks for posting!
    caf82313 likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

A trigger group modified for a registered sear is an item that for some odd reason, the ATF is up tight about. They say you can only have one if you have a registered sear. The irony is that it won't work with a regular sear (at least without modification) since the geometry is different, and if one were inclined to do something illegal, that would be the hard way.

But, no, nobody will send you one. You have to deliver your sear (by whatever means), and they will make/sell you one.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mike Otte got me set up quickly with my S&H sear in an SEF Trigger Pack. Give him a ring and he can talk through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you at all handy? As setting up an existing semi-auto spec trigger box to accept a conversion sear is really a straight forward operation. If you are capable of disassembling a semi-auto pack and putting it back together you are probably capable of modifying the semi trigger box and adding the other required parts for the sear.

For a already semi-spec trigger group the only real mods are removing the selector stop pin (drill, grind or punch), removing the little stop on the metal grip frame so the selector can move to the auto position, and maybe removing some of the nose off the bottom of the disconnector.

The rest of the conversion is just adding parts.... making sure you have an appropriate elbow spring and spacer for sear use, adding the trip lever, adding a full auto/retimed hammer, and if you want putting the formerly semi pack into a polymer SEF grip fame with the proper 3 position markings and changing the selector selector if you are moving from a metal grip frame to a polymer one.

Now if you are trying to convert a formerly full auto SEF pack that will require some cutting and drilling a new hole or a burst pack (cutting, welding, and drilling).

Also keep in mind you can only have one prepped trigger box with the stop pin removed for each registered sear.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Guys thank you so much for the input. Maybe I will have to send it off in the end. Hope not but it might come to that.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post

But, no, nobody will send you one. You have to deliver your sear (by whatever means), and they will make/sell you one.
    I know ATF frowns on intact hk packs that have been modified to be sear ready (without the sear) but was hoping it was possible to get an already modified semi pack frame without any internals. Sounds like Even a stripped sear ready pack frame without sear or any internals would be a no-no according to ATF.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbntex View Post
    Are you at all handy? As setting up an existing semi-auto spec trigger box to accept a conversion sear is really a straight forward operation. If you are capable of disassembling a semi-auto pack and putting it back together you are probably capable of modifying the semi trigger box and adding the other required parts for the sear.

For a already semi-spec trigger group the only real mods are removing the selector stop pin (drill, grind or punch), removing the little stop on the metal grip frame so the selector can move to the auto position, and maybe removing some of the nose off the bottom of the disconnector.

The rest of the conversion is just adding parts.... making sure you have an appropriate elbow spring and spacer for sear use, adding the trip lever, adding a full auto/retimed hammer, and if you want putting the formerly semi pack into a polymer SEF grip fame with the proper 3 position markings and changing the selector selector if you are moving from a metal grip frame to a polymer one.

Now if you are trying to convert a formerly full auto SEF pack that will require some cutting and drilling a new hole or a burst pack (cutting, welding, and drilling).

Also keep in mind you can only have one prepped trigger box with the stop pin removed for each registered sear.
    I am a little handy with hand tools but don’t have any machine shop type tools. I do have a few unmodified semi packs and several intact unmodified FA packs. I also have a clipped and pinned lower as well as a timed hammer and semi elbow spring. I think I have all the parts required. My thought is to use one of the existing semi pack frames and the appropriate parts to create a sear ready pack. The problem is I don’t know exactly what to remove/grind off from the pack by description. Does anyone have pictures or really detailed description for what needs to be removed and where it is?

Guys, everyone thanks a lot for the advice on both doing it myself and sending it off and help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links