Tri Lug suppressed with a thread protector?

Thread: Tri Lug suppressed with a thread protector?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Tri Lug suppressed with a thread protector?

When you shoot a tri lug with a suppressor do you leave the thread protector on or off? Does it matter? I ran about 300 rds through mine recently (SP5k) with the thread protector on and it burned the O ring out of my Tirant 45. Iím curious if the thread protector can become a heat sink or potentially cause a baffle strike if it vibrates loose. Iíve shot hundreds of rounds per session through my Mk 23 and 45C without experiencing any problems. Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes, leave it on. The outer circumference of the muzzle is what keeps the suppressor centered on a 3 lug suppressor.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What TooBigtoFit said.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes leave it on. Some replace the knurled protector with a smooth one to avoid abrasion with the inside of the 3 lug mount. I have recently gone that direction. Needed or not, the smooth thread protector works slick with my new Gemtech multimount...

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Yes leave it on. Some replace the knurled protector with a smooth one to avoid abrasion with the inside of the 3 lug mount. I have recently gone that direction. Needed or not, the smooth thread protector works slick with my new Gemtech multimount...

Where did you get yours? I tried one but the tolerances didn't allow my suppressor to slide on an more
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Sponsored Links