Does anyone use a surefire switch for a weapon mounted light on their mp5 foregrip?
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SudS

Thread: Does anyone use a surefire switch for a weapon mounted light on their mp5 foregrip?

  1. #1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default Does anyone use a surefire switch for a weapon mounted light on their mp5 foregrip?

    I just purchased this https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Pica...-138p16672.htm and am running a Surefire Scout but it's a little awkward to reach with a traditional foregrip ( https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Vert...-138p16474.htm ). I'm thinking about getting one of these ( https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...tems-ue07.html ) but I'm not sure if that's going to work out well.

    Curious if anyone has a similar setup and how they got it to run well for them.


    If anyone buys the pic rail mount and plans on running a suppressor that attached via 3-lug, you might have to do some cutting...be warned. I couldn't remove the suppressor or put it on when it was attached. You end up having to cut a bit off on the tab. See below

    https://imgur.com/a/JZvucS9
    Last edited by a_minimalist; 07-19-2019 at 03:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,612
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Default

    Not sure I followed all the moving parts, but have you considered a KAC rail and use this instead?

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...coutlight.html

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Not sure I followed all the moving parts, but have you considered a KAC rail and use this instead?

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...coutlight.html
    I like the vertical grip. I’m thinking about that switch held in place by rubber bands on there but not sure how that will hold up.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,612
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_minimalist View Post
    I like the vertical grip. I’m thinking about that switch held in place by rubber bands on there but not sure how that will hold up.
    Then get this. I installed this on my M16. For your MP5, KAC rail plus:

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/tangodown-vertical-fore-grip-qd-surefire.html

    The grip is designed to hold that pressure pad, it's a slide in dovetail, so its not just a stick-on. Although I have a different switch, the pressure pad looks the same:

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-ue-switch-housing-rear-cap-assembly-7-cable-for-scout-light-systems-ue07.html

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Then get this. I installed this on my M16. For your MP5, KAC rail plus:

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/tangodown-vertical-fore-grip-qd-surefire.html

    The grip is designed to hold that pressure pad, it's a slide in dovetail, so its not just a stick-on. Although I have a different switch, the pressure pad looks the same:

    https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-ue-switch-housing-rear-cap-assembly-7-cable-for-scout-light-systems-ue07.html
    I went with this https://imgur.com/a/0MWrfXo It works like a charm. I just need something a little more durable than my 2 year old daughters hair ties. lol

  7. #6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Location : split between oc cali / las vegas
    Age : 52
    Posts : 884
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    I am running a bt Handguard or a kac with a haley strategic thorn nail with surefire m300 and the sro7 switch and it works best for me

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,612
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_minimalist View Post
    I went with this https://imgur.com/a/0MWrfXo It works like a charm. I just need something a little more durable than my 2 year old daughters hair ties. lol
    I’m happy with my rig. Quick detach grip and the pressure pad slides in the slot. Fits as part of the grip, not an attachment on top of the grip. No glue, or tape, or hair bands needed...besides, my daughter is 22 and no way she would give up her hair bands.

    Does anyone use a surefire switch for a weapon mounted light on their mp5 foregrip?-657a7ebd-c751-4ecc-93f5-4109fc307176.jpeg

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    gsyoung54's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Location : Alaska
    Posts : 125
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I had a Surefire setup on my RR MP5 in the 80's as that's about all that was easy to find... they ran awfully hot with the super halogen bulb but it was was the same flashlight we used in our pockets or on belt holsters or the fire guys used them on their helmets to see in the fires.
    Now I run the beautiful B&T pressure pad foregrip with a bright LED flame thrower light. The whole setup may not look as classic as an 80's movie but it's light and there is more room for wider suppressors using the three lug. I also use the B&T side folding stock... it's a bit tidier than the A3 collapsible and I believe lighter also. Simple opening and super positive lockup.

    George

    Quote Originally Posted by a_minimalist View Post
    I just purchased this https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Pica...-138p16672.htm and am running a Surefire Scout but it's a little awkward to reach with a traditional foregrip ( https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Vert...-138p16474.htm ). I'm thinking about getting one of these ( https://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...tems-ue07.html ) but I'm not sure if that's going to work out well.

    Curious if anyone has a similar setup and how they got it to run well for them.


    If anyone buys the pic rail mount and plans on running a suppressor that attached via 3-lug, you might have to do some cutting...be warned. I couldn't remove the suppressor or put it on when it was attached. You end up having to cut a bit off on the tab. See below

    https://imgur.com/a/JZvucS9

    George from Alaska

    HK45T DA/SA
    HK45T Light LEM
    Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30L v3, another on it's way
    P30L Light LEM
    USP .45 Elite
    registered MP5 SEF select fire
    other NFA items

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •