My MP5SD Continuing Saga.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My MP5SD Continuing Saga.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default My MP5SD Continuing Saga.

It seems that I can never leave my MP5SD alone. For reference here are a couple of my previous 'SD episodes -
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...uppressor.html
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...-my-mp5sd.html

I was scanning the NFA Sales forum on a well known firearms site and I noted a WTS HK Sales Sample MP5SD suppressor at a very reasonable price. I looked over the pictures of the suppressor being offered. It wasn't very pretty, but then again it was cheap. So what the hell, I bought it.

Here are a few pics of the suppressor being offered:

(Notice the missing finish in the knurled area and the scratches left of center)

The seller eFiled the Form3 and I received the suppressor within a couple weeks. When It came in, I looked it over closely. There was minimal carbon buildup within its interior. In addition to the obvious scratches the exterior had finish missing on most high spots plus scratches at the muzzle. All of this indicated it was carried much more than actually used. I decided to see what I could do to make it appear prettier.

Since this HK suppressor has an aluminum tube, I tried some Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black on a small scratch to see what would happen.

Damn! The bare aluminum turned black and the scratch disappeared. I decided to attack the whole tube. I wiped the exterior with mineral spirits, let everything dry, and swabbed Aluminum Black over the entire thing. I let everything dry again and then re-wiped the exterior with mineral spirits for a second time. Here are my results:

(The S&H rebuilt Qualified suppressor on the top and the S&H cleaning brush handle on the bottom)

(The S&H rebuilt Qualified suppressor on the left)

(The S&H cleaning brush handle with brush and Qualified suppressor on the left. S&H take down tool up front)

All in all I impressed the hell out of myself.
    Last edited by MG34_Dan; 07-19-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fix spelling and grammer errors
    AGG likes this.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Very nice results. That wear on the muzzle cap looks typical. Even HK literature depicting operators has frequently shown worn muzzle caps, probably to give authenticity to the picture. Considering that HK recommends cleaning the suppressor by firmly tapping the muzzle on a block of wood to loosen buildup (from what I recall), it’s not surprising the finish takes a beating.

edit: I like that S&H handle, still available?
    Last edited by SudS; 07-19-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    edit: I like that S&H handle, still available?
    I have no clue. You need to contact Curtis Higgins and ask him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I could use one of those port cleaning rods too, very nice write up.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Per a PM request, here is my currently configured MP5SD. It is a fully transferable, Qualified built, registered receiver, push pin, weapon.

The weapon has been updated by Mike Woodward with a real HK MP5SD suppressor cage and barrel. They were acquired from Gatewood Supply.

The original Qualified suppressor has been rebuilt and updated by Curtis Higgins. It is shown above. That suppressor is now threaded to fit my HK factory barrel. In addition to the original Qualified suppressor and HK Sales Sample suppressor, I have a Knights Armament MP5SD wet suppressor for it.

In keeping with the wet suppressor use, I have decided to keep the weapon configured with a three position Navy type trigger group with a left side extended selector lever. I also have a real HK optional MP5SD carrying case to haul the weapon around in. A real HK leather sling is also attached. Just because.

I don't know what more I can for it.
    Last edited by MG34_Dan; 07-19-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Player_To_Be_Named... and AGG like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    I could use one of those port cleaning rods too, very nice write up.
    I talked to Curtis. He said he would make one for $70. However, he was going to be away until the end of August and to call him back then.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Very nice; I'd love to see testing results (or hear your subjective feedback) for your different model suppressors. My SD is an RDTS build using the HE suppressor (with non-standard threading) so I haven't tried any of the other models (except a TPM suppressor on an APC9SD).

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thing of beauty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

threads like this exist to remind me that i'm just a redneck mag dumper clone whoring mongrel.
    oh well. at least i know my place in this world.

(and mighty fine gun there!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    Per a PM request, here is my currently configured MP5SD. It is a fully transferable, Qualified built, registered receiver, push pin weapon […] I don't know what more I can do for it.
    I sense you’re looking for an impartial judge to declare this gun officially “done”, so I’ve just done that for you.

You should call it quits for SDs and move on to something else, preferably something different so you aren’t tempted to revise your entirely done MP5-SD.

If you need suggestions, how about a Shiloh Sharps in .45/70? You might enjoy falling block cannon breeches, loud cartridges, and very long range elevator sights because mister I think you have silent short range close-quarter battle needs thoroughly accounted for.
    [Hk91] [Hk MP5-N] [Hk45ct]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links