usp45 silencer - is a KAC still worth it?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: usp45 silencer - is a KAC still worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default usp45 silencer - is a KAC still worth it?

considering a usp45t in the future for 2 gun / shtf sidearm / shooter and wanted to get a can for it. Is KAC still the go to for this or should i look into something like aac tirant or something.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

There's a group buy for KAC https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-gr...group-buy.html I'm not sure of the price but I think I read somewhere it was $1500, if you have the means, go for it, the KAC was made for HK's specs however there are plenty of cans available for much less nowadays. The Tirant 45 is listed for $625 or around that price, you could buy 2 and have some money left to buy ammo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can say I am extremely pleased with my KAC suppressor. May cost a bit more but it is very well built and sounds great.

chuck
    D9M9TR9S likes this.
    MP5SD
    MP5
    HK93
    MP5K-N
    MM23e
    USP Tactical 45
    USP 45

Clouding the matter with facts on a daily basis.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

KAC!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    There's a group buy for KAC https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-gr...group-buy.html I'm not sure of the price but I think I read somewhere it was $1500, if you have the means, go for it, the KAC was made for HK's specs however there are plenty of cans available for much less nowadays. The Tirant 45 is listed for $625 or around that price, you could buy 2 and have some money left to buy ammo.
    This group buy is for the extremely rare and short CT KAC can. The regular KAC OHG suppressor is around 1200 and they pop up more frequent than the MK23 ones (only difference is the piston which is LH for the USP-T and RH for the MK23). The KAC can is still the go imo. It definitely looks the best on the USP and is shorter than the cheaper more recent offerings and sound the same to the ear. The AAC TiRant rates as a quieter can, but not by much and it is very light weight if that's your thing. The KAC is built tough and I like the weight of it on the end of my pistol. Perfect combo.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The octane 45 I use works perfectly fine

But if you want to be authentic kac is what hk recommends

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The KAC can offers less performance at a greater price. To me, KAC items are rarely worth the price or admission.

For instance their iron sights are over $350 a set. Magpul functions the same and costs $150.

The M110 is $6000 for just the rifle. A LaRue OBR outperforms it in accuracy and tends to work better with a can attached and cost $3200. The SR15s aren’t a BAD price, but certainly a premium over comparable options from others. But this trend is with everything KAC produces. Cans are no exception. If you want your stuff to be “original” and “check all the cool guy boxes”, go for it. If you want the best performance and reasonable prices, look elsewhere. Honestly, even if the KAC can was the same price as the competitors, lighter and quieter cans with similar or exceeding durability are out there. The KAC is older tech relying on tradition and exclusivity to sell it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I originally purchased the KAC can for my MK23 and was running a dead air ghost on my USP45T. The ghost worked just fine, but I was so impressed with the knights can/mk23 combo I bought another for the tactical when they were on sale a few years ago---basically the can cost less than the booster. Its nice on the USP, but not the same balance as on the mk23. For the MK23 the KAC is the only way to go IMHO. For the USP if you can find a deal get the knights, if not you should be happy with any of the quality cans out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Irony i bought a spare mk23 piston and then bought the Kac can when it became available. Gonna sell the piston on ebay since i dont need anymore🤣🤣🤣
    D9M9TR9S likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D9M9TR9S View Post
    The regular KAC OHG suppressor is around 1200 and they pop up more frequent than the MK23 ones (only difference is the piston which is LH for the USP-T and RH for the MK23). The KAC can is still the go imo. It definitely looks the best on the USP and is shorter than the cheaper more recent offerings and sound the same to the ear. The AAC TiRant rates as a quieter can, but not by much and it is very light weight if that's your thing. The KAC is built tough and I like the weight of it on the end of my pistol. Perfect combo.
    Agree with this, KAC is still the way to go.

Tirant is a little quieter and a lot longer. And "quieter" on machines measuring at the muzzle is completely different from what a shooter experiences.

A lot of people knock the KAC as "old tech" because it was developed 25 years ago Well guess what? Pistol silencer tech has stayed pretty static since KAC developed this. Aside from different materials and shapes, they are the same design KAC put out. That booster was a complete game changer.

I bought mine for a Mk23 convinced it would look cool and perform worse. Just the opposite. I love it so much that I purchased a second for my USP from gunbroker, $700 for a used one. These can't really break so buying used is fine.

One thing I hate about a lot of "current" cans is the blowback they create which spits particles back and makes the can sound louder to the shooter. My KAC's don't do that and are worth it for that alone.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links