Omega SD SBR questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Omega SD SBR questions

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So I wanna SBR my Omega SD receiver. Thing is it uses a PK barrel under the SD shroud cage. When I do my efile my measurments are going to look wack....meaning my stated barrel length will be way shorter than OAL. Think this will cause an issue with the examiner thinking its a typo? Also do I use from the end of the shroud cage back to where the buttstock will be fully extended....as in dont measure my suppressor because its not permanently attached. I have lotsa NFA items and experience with stamp collecting but I wanna ask because I may be over thinking this one. Anybody SBR one of these that can relay what you did form wise?
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 08-14-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Measure the overall length with the stock extended and measure the barrel, not the shroud. My SD SBR (approved last week) has a 6" barrel and the overall length is 23.50".

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1-504PIR View Post
    Measure the overall length with the stock extended and measure the barrel, not the shroud. My SD SBR (approved last week) has a 6" barrel and the overall length is 23.50".
    OK Think I understand you but want to clarify. I know not to measure with the faux shroud. Im asking do I measure from the cage back to the end of extended stock? See pic please. Top arrow as you know is about where the barrel is. Im wondering do I measure from where the bottom arrow is. Also I gotcha on the barrel measurement length....thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omega SD SBR questions-3676b96c-c1df-47ce-bda9-89bc8cf3bb96_1565823930441.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    OK Think I understand you but want to clarify. I know not to measure with the faux shroud. Im asking do I measure from the cage back to the end of extended stock? See pic please. Top arrow as you know is about where the barrel is. Im wondering do I measure from where the bottom arrow is. Also I gotcha on the barrel measurement length....thank you!!
    You're spot on....just make sure that you measure WITH THE STOCK. Take off the shroud {pain in the ass}, and measure the actual barrel, to end of stock.
    MSOGDAWG likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So I wanna SBR my Omega SD receiver. Thing is it uses a PK barrel under the SD shroud cage. When I do my efile my measurments are going to look wack....meaning my stated barrel length will be way shorter than OAL. Think this will cause an issue with the examiner thinking its a typo? Also do I use from the end of the shroud cage back to where the buttstock will be fully extended....as in dont measure my suppressor because its not permanently attached. I have lotsa NFA items and experience with stamp collecting but I wanna ask because I may be over thinking this one. Anybody SBR one of these that can relay what you did form wise?
    OAL is measured with stock fully open, end to end. Dont over think it.
    flybynt and MSOGDAWG like this.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you take the handguard (shroud) off you can better see the barrel for measurement purposes as well as for the overall length. Use a flat head screwdriver with tape on it so you don't scratch anything when taking the shroud off.
    MSOGDAWG likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    You're spot on....just make sure that you measure WITH THE STOCK. Take off the shroud {pain in the ass}, and measure the actual barrel, to end of stock.
    Coolio bro thank yas

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Coolio bro thank yas
    I gotchu homie
    MSOGDAWG likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Instead of going through the hassle have you thought about bracing it?
    MSOGDAWG likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BARRETT9660 View Post
    Instead of going through the hassle have you thought about bracing it?
    IMHO in this political environment in the not too distant future braces are going the way of the the slide fire stock. Just my .02
    Brad4065 and MSOGDAWG like this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links