Poll: “Please select the serial# range for your DLO trigger frame”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: HK DLO trigger frame serial# Poll

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    Would love to hear more details (as you are comfortable with) and why you believe it was his last pack sold. Very interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry for the delayed response, I was in central Nevada with zero cell service.

My DLO box does fall within the 020 to 120 range. My apologies for that misunderstanding...I should have read your posts more carefully.

I purchased my DLO box from a guy in NH who never took possession (it was pending transfer on a form 4 from his dealer) in March 2014. He told me that it was the last box that Doug had. He also said that he was selling the box because he had asked Doug to put the parts together in the box and Doug refused. I called Doug sometime in 2014 (probably April or May) to confirm all of this. And Doug being Doug, would not confirm or deny if he had any other HK stuff (including DLO boxes) for sale. However, I made a open offer to purchase as many HK boxes that he had left at fair market value and Doug declined. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the conversation and we must have talked for 2 or more hours about machineguns and type of machine shop work he did in the past. I spoke with a NFA buddy at about the same time and he told me that he went to Doug's house and saw stacks and stacks of serial numbered machine gun side plates and other machine gun parts everywhere. So who knows. But I got the distinct impression from talking to Doug that he had no more HK stuff to sell. Shattered Mind has or had some connection with Doug, but PMs with him regarding this matter at the time went nowhere.

As a side note...the MP5K with DLO box listed on Sturm recently sold for $50K.
    TallPine likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default HK DLO trigger frame serial# Poll

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    I purchased my DLO box from a guy in NH who never took possession (it was pending transfer on a form 4 from his dealer) in March 2014. He told me that it was the last box that Doug had. He also said that he was selling the box because he had asked Doug to put the parts together in the box and Doug refused. I called Doug sometime in 2014 (probably April or May) to confirm all of this. And Doug being Doug, would not confirm or deny if he had any other HK stuff (including DLO boxes) for sale. However, I made a open offer to purchase as many HK boxes that he had left at fair market value and Doug declined. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the conversation and we must have talked for 2 or more hours about machineguns and type of machine shop work he did in the past. I spoke with a NFA buddy at about the same time and he told me that he went to Doug's house and saw stacks and stacks of serial numbered machine gun side plates and other machine gun parts everywhere. So who knows. But I got the distinct impression from talking to Doug that he had no more HK stuff to sell. Shattered Mind has or had some connection with Doug, but PMs with him regarding this matter at the time went nowhere.
    Interesting info, and will be interesting to see if anyone chimes in to say they purchased a DLO box from Doug after this time. The guy in NH story about not wanting to take the box b/c Doug wouldn't put the internals in it is strange to me since you can put them in yourself with a YouTube video and the advantage of a DLO box is there isn't any need for "pack magic" to get parts timed or non-standard assembly. But good for you I suppose. I also assume the NH guy made some money by selling it to you as Doug would have happily refunded the purchase price for the item (which has always been his standard policy).

When Doug moved from CT to FL he packed up his very active MG business and took it south. As a result I know he does have a pretty amazing collection. The "stacks of side plates" story is interesting, but since Doug was a big 1919 guy I suspect a lot of that inventory would be for the earlier guns. My sense has been his 240 plate inventory is much more limited...but I hope I am wrong!
    Last edited by GPSIG; Today at 01:02 PM.
    TallPine likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links