ptr -32 with sear pack has 2nd round light strikes - anything else I should try ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ptr -32 with sear pack has 2nd round light strikes - anything else I should try ?

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
    Now I am on a quest for a 5.56 host. Any thoughts on clone hosts?

Unclebear
    What do you want to do with the 5.56X45 host? For "Shock and Awe" , I think that the best host is a 53K clone. 5.1" barrel. Take the flash hider off and you don't need a flash enhancer. The flash is so big, I wear a glove on my support hand because the flash will burn the hair off my knuckles. Jeff build me a couple. The 53 makes for a good short barrel host with the factory four prong flash hider. Most can manufacturers don't want you to mount their can on less than a 10" barrel, so with my suppressor I use a 33K clone host.

If you are like me and have a pile of AR mags, I had Jeff build the clones using SW53/93 AR receivers. The recievers are set up to use AR mags instead of HK 5.56X45 mags. I like that all of my 5.56X45 guns use the same mag. I have 5 different 9mm mag systems. I have had several times where I brought the gun, the ammo but no mags. Congratulations on the sear.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, I have just realized how ignorant I am concerning H &Ks. I had NO idea that clones were available that used AR mags . Would you please tell a newbie who Jeff is ? My friend has a factory 53 and It feels and shoots great.A clone along those lines would be outstanding .

Barry

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
    OK, I have just realized how ignorant I am concerning H &Ks. I had NO idea that clones were available that used AR mags . Would you please tell a newbie who Jeff is ? My friend has a factory 53 and It feels and shoots great.A clone along those lines would be outstanding .

Barry
    Jeff/GhillieBear PCS he is a vendor on here you wont be dissapointed.............
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Barry, the model is SW53 AR. I didn't find any for sale at the moment, but they do come up for sale. I want to have my SW53 AR converted to 300 BLK OUT. Fortunately for me, I have another SW53 ARJeff built with some US made parts and another built using a HK53 parts set. I'd like to have the 300BLK OUT gun converted with a SD cage. Jeff did a couple of SDs for me like that with a 7" picatinny rail at 6 o'clock and two rails at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. Much better air flow than the rubber SD hand guards.

The guy's name is Jeff Walters of Parrabellum Combat Systems. Great guy to deal with. He has built 20 host guns for me. PCS has a commercial forum here.

My brother spent $6,000 to have a HK93 reciever built with a HK 53 parts set. I bought a SW53 AR for $1,250. Certainly the real HK was much nicer than the SW53 AR. I don't think that the HK was four times nicer. There was a builder specializing in an AR magwell conversion. Off the top of my head I don't remember who that was. I have a Century 93 that needs a barrel replacement (shrinking bolt gap), paddle mag installation, and an AR magwell conversion. It is my only 5.56X45 host that doesn't take AR mags. Some day I'll get around to it. Good luck with your SW53 AR search.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was having the same problem and was able to replace the PTR 32 Hammer Spring to get mine to work..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 for the 53K! I also remove the FH although I don’t wear gloves & haven’t been burned. Back on topic: I have a PTR32-K that had some light primer strike issues early on. I’ll check my notes. It now runs like a sewing machine FA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK The SW53AR looks awesome but finding one is going to be a long term search .Adding that to my wish list along with the Jap type 99 spare barrel,Lahti Christmas tree mount, and on. It seems the quickest way obtain a 53 style rifle is to buy a 5.56 pistol and SBR it. I have not been able to find many H&K style pistols . Am I a fool to consider a Century 93 pistol ? Or should I only consider a custom built gun from a known builder ? I guess I will post WTB add but it seems to be a sellers market .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was having light primer strikes with the PTR full auto carrier. I switched to a used G3 carrier and that eliminated them.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I never had a problem with the one I had but I never could get drums to work.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The SW53 AR will be a long term search. Another member posted that he viewed a Century host as a parts set he might be able to shoot for a while. I very much agree. My first machinegun was a Colt M16 so I had a lot of mags for it. Adding another 5.56X45 mag system had no appeal to me. It wasn't until the SW53 AR became available did I purchase a 5.56X45 host. Since they were in production I bought a bunch of recievers. I have multiple 53Ks, 53s, and 33Ks using the SW AR receivers. Moore Advanced Dynamics was the builder making roller locked clones that used AR mags. You might write to them.

For 9mm unfortunately I have four different magazine systems, Colt, HK, Z-mag, and Uzi. I don't know how many times I taken the gun and ammo to the range, but forgot the right 9mm magazines. Over the years several entities or individuals have made magwell adapters for the roller locked guns to use AR mags. But I guess there is such a limited market, the adapters disappear.

Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links