HK91 22 conversion kit issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK91 22 conversion kit issues

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll share a couple thoughts-

First, take the carrier apart. It's fairly straight forward and nothing is very fragile in there. give it a good cleaning and a light oiling. Mine tends to slow down when the bolt head gets gritty.

Second, the UZI 22 kit uses the same extractor as the HK kit. Here's a link. It might be worth having one or two as spares.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/-...SIONS-p105.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SOLgardener View Post
    I'll share a couple thoughts-

First, take the carrier apart. It's fairly straight forward and nothing is very fragile in there. give it a good cleaning and a light oiling. Mine tends to slow down when the bolt head gets gritty.

Second, the UZI 22 kit uses the same extractor as the HK kit. Here's a link. It might be worth having one or two as spares.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/-...SIONS-p105.htm
    Thanks! Thatís helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I should add, mine will run in semi with CCI subsonics and Aguila SE subs, but as soon as it gets fouled, it turns in to a straight pull bolt action. Some wiping with some light oil gets it going again.

Another tip mostly unrelated, but I wish I had read it already- the BlackDog Machine UZI mag springs will work in the factory mags once trimmed. My factory mags had gotten so hard to load after about 10-12 rounds that I would dent the last round trying to press another in. I found that the factory mag inside the G3 mag is an HK .22 mag from one of the rifles, but sourcing those mags for replacement springs was nutso! $75 or more for the magazine. So I ordered the BDM mag adapter and some UZI mags. One of the UZI mags came apart, so I tested the spring and cut to a bit longer than the OEM spring length and it works fine. It'll need trimmed to fit to get 20 rounds in the mag, but sure makes loading easier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WOW! This site is so good for things like this. I was looking at getting one of these kits but a little concerned on the reliability based on what I've heard. Thanks for the tips!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmwmp5 View Post
    WOW! This site is so good for things like this. I was looking at getting one of these kits but a little concerned on the reliability based on what I've heard. Thanks for the tips!
    Keep in mind that most people only post here to get help when they have an issue. The people with these kits that don't have issues may never post here. Unfortunately, there's no way to collect legitimate reliability data on these kits. I love my kit, but the issues I've had have forced me to get very familiar with my gun and the kit. I see this as a good learning experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK91 22 conversion kit issues

Update:

I replaced the extractor with a new extractor now that I found one. Also bought an extra. The extractor didnít seem worn but upon removing it and comparing it to the new one it had what appeared to be just enough wear that it wouldnít work. The new extractor works like a charm.

Now every 5-10 rounds I still have an issue with this bulk cheap 22 ammo cycling so next time I go out with it Iím going to try some CCI or Remington gold 22lr and see if it likes those better. Seemed like it just needed a slight bit more power to properly cycle.

Now I canít wait to test out my A&D AM180 drum adapter and the 160 and 275 round drums I have for it. Thatíll come once Iím sure I found an ammo type it likes to feed. Iím confident the cycling issue at this point is just because Iím using federal bulk 22LR. Probably garbage.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

You've already fixed the extractor. Now splash out for the mini-mags and you are all set.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRod View Post
    Update:
    Now I can’t wait to test out my A&D AM180 drum adapter and the 160 and 275 round drums I have for it. That’ll come once I’m sure I found an ammo type it likes to feed. I’m confident the cycling issue at this point is just because I’m using federal bulk 22LR. Probably garbage.
    Is your 275 drum metal or plastic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    Is your 275 drum metal or plastic?
    Both my 160 and 275 round drums are plastic. Clear plastic. I know they have a metal one that is available in a smaller size but I got the updated versions that are made in plastic. My winder with the spring in it is heavy and made of metal. Thatís the piece that sits in the center of the magazine.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I didnt read all the responses, but are you running this with the 180 Bazooka adapter or just the standard mags? The ammo in your pics runs my m16/22 conversion kit really well in FA but it wont run any of my other FA 22's like my American 180 those take a hotter ammo ie cci mini mag etc. The Bazookas present a whole different problem sometimes feeding etc so they need to be semi tuned to the gun. All Full Auto 22's will have their unique set of problems my Norrel 10/22 FA will only work with 10 round mags at this point, I will need to tune some 25's for it to work. At some point I am going to try my 91 conversion kit w/180 drums hopefully you find an ammo that will work well. Good luck keep us informed
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links