HK91 22 conversion kit issues
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK91 22 conversion kit issues

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default HK91 22 conversion kit issues

Anyone have any issues with their kit cycling correctly? What 22 ammo do you use? I found that this ammo would only cycle sometimes. Any suggestions on ammo or getting it to cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had mine for decades now

It has been running fine in my G3k using the Federal 550 pack.

It does not matter if it is running in Einzelfeuer or Feuersto゚ mode

Many years back I bought about 25000 rounds when Walmart had it priced real cheap. I am down to the last couple of thousand of that stuff

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colt_SAA View Post
    I have had mine for decades now

It has been running fine in my G3k using the Federal 550 pack.

It does not matter if it is running in Einzelfeuer or Feuersto゚ mode

Many years back I bought about 25000 rounds when Walmart had it priced real cheap. I am down to the last couple of thousand of that stuff
    Hmmm. Not sure why mine had trouble cycling then. I知 going to have to sit and tinker with it. I知 hoping the kit I bought doesn稚 have worn out springs or something. I guess I値l try lubing the hell out of it and hoping for the best. Maybe I値l bring some CCI Stingers to see if they function better. Although I was really hoping it would run well on general cheap bulk 22LR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try using some hotter .22 ammo. That is what I use and it runs like a champ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I haven't had issues with mine cycling. It ejects and chambers the next round like a champ. I have had issues with light strikes not firing the next round though. Happens with every ammo I've tried, so I just picked up a second kit to see if it's something in my kit causing it. My question to your problem would be exactly where in the cycle the malfunction is? Ejecting the round, chambering the next round, or firing the next round?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRod View Post
    Hmmm. Not sure why mine had trouble cycling then. I’m going to have to sit and tinker with it. I’m hoping the kit I bought doesn’t have worn out springs or something. I guess I’ll try lubing the hell out of it and hoping for the best. Maybe I’ll bring some CCI Stingers to see if they function better. Although I was really hoping it would run well on general cheap bulk 22LR.

We need to know what is happening before being able to diagnose. "Failing to cycle" could be anything. If it doesn't chamber a round, it could be worn springs or damaged magazines. If it doesn't eject a round, it could be an issue with the kit, or may need a detailed cleaning. Etc, etc.

For what its worth, try the CCI Stingers, or Remington Thunderbolts. That's what I use and have had consistent results with my kit. Never had occasion to shoot the ordinary .22LR -- stingers and thunderbolts are what I keep around for my .22LR bolt gun, so it was just natural for me to use the same stuff.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had a couple stove pipes and the rest did not eject the shell and load another round. I知 not sure what the issue is I have yet to try other ammunition.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Stove pipes sound like an ammo issue to me. Not ejecting (is it extracting and then stovepiping or leaving the spent case in the chamber?) could be the extractor. Loading the next round is probably second order to the previous problems. I'd give it a super thorough cleaning (inside the bolt and everything), then pick up a small box of every brand of .22lr your gun store offers to try them all out.

Seems to me like the biggest problem in troubleshooting this kind of stuff is our general inability to real-time test out the different ideas. When you're at the range you might not have other ammo options to try, once you get the other ammo, you have to get back out to the range, etc...

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default HK91 22 conversion kit issues

Quote Originally Posted by nerdbrain View Post
    Stove pipes sound like an ammo issue to me. Not ejecting (is it extracting and then stovepiping or leaving the spent case in the chamber?) could be the extractor. Loading the next round is probably second order to the previous problems. I'd give it a super thorough cleaning (inside the bolt and everything), then pick up a small box of every brand of .22lr your gun store offers to try them all out.

Seems to me like the biggest problem in troubleshooting this kind of stuff is our general inability to real-time test out the different ideas. When you're at the range you might not have other ammo options to try, once you get the other ammo, you have to get back out to the range, etc...
    Yeah My next step is a super thorough cleaning of the kit and trying different ammo. What cleaners and/or lubricant do you guys recommend? I致e been using Rem Oil but I知 sure there has to be something better. Anyone use an ultrasonic cleaner or some sort of parts cleaner?

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

In general do these 91 .22lr kits shoot reliably? Any gotchas concerning them? any main issues to look for or things to do unique to the kit? And I do mean for FA fire.
    I have one sitting in the attic. Bought it many years ago- never even tried it. Go figure.
    Ditto for a MP5 kit i think it is or maybe its a 93 kit- one of them . Expensive as heck I remember--and it just sat unused as well.
    I think I burned myself out tinkering with 22 kits for my Uzi and then just gave up on them all really....and not just 22 kits...heck I have a 5th gen AUG 9mm kit. NIB from Pete A. I was so traumatized by that Uzi 22 experience that I havent used it once either.
    Man I wasted a lot of money on gun acc. I never use. If I access to a wayback machine I'd have spent that money on MGs instead of all that crapola.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links