Full Auto & Squib - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Full Auto & Squib

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

There are a lot more instances of multiple rounds lodged in barrels after a squib in full auto. Including HK. Most folks are concentrating on downrange and miss the distinct "different" sound. I always tell folks to pay attention. If ANYTHING sounds or feels different, STOP!

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So S&B seems to be a good brand that everyone is comfortable with.

Cobblestone, Frank in GA., lakelandman, straight grain, What do ya'll run in your full autos?

Anopstyx, Damn! What ammo had the squib? What do you shoot now?

cosby, lol Yeah, I've seen that barrel! Amazing. I feel more confident that not shooting my HKs; however, it's the other guns I have I'm worried about.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

I tend to run 124 gr S&B and Blazer Brass. I tend to lean toward the 124gr being the most important aspect. I'm hoping that this thread does not turn into a brand cheerleading contest.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it's not my intention to turn it into an ammo brand discussion.

I'm just shooting more and more full auto these days, sometimes putting on shoots for others to raise money, and really wanted to get ya'll's opinion on how to avoid any dangerous situations.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mweitz View Post
    Yeah, it's not my intention to turn it into an ammo brand discussion.

I'm just shooting more and more full auto these days, sometimes putting on shoots for others to raise money, and really wanted to get ya'll's opinion on how to avoid any dangerous situations.
    Your overthinking it to an extent. Use quality new brass cased ammo and you should be fine. If you do hear something weird or see more blowback then check. When doing a full cleaning of the gun it doesn't hurt to check the barrel for any bulging.

When possible shooting guns that will have trouble firing out of battery will help keep you safer as well. A lot of the 9mm ars had issues with this. Also always wear your safety glasses.

As far as ammo goes I personally don't like s&b. It runs fine but the ammo has a lot more blowback to me and shooting both suppressed and well being a southpaw it annoys me. I'd recommend avoiding "range" or "target" ammo as well and run mostly 124gr nato or 147gr subgun ammo if we are talking about 9mm.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

S&B 115gr ammo is excellent in subguns. Great power at almost 1300fps, incredibly reliable, pretty clean and I've not encountered a failure in probably...I dunno...50K-60K rounds FA. I don't track what I shoot, but I've been buying it in bulk 7 or 8 years and have shot at least that much. My Mp5, MP5K and Sten love it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I despise S&B for shotgun (all smoke, crappy pattern), but my local range rents out an MP5 and they run exclusively S&B 9mm with zero problems.

S&B should be fine for your HK

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    There are a lot more instances of multiple rounds lodged in barrels after a squib in full auto. Including HK. Most folks are concentrating on downrange and miss the distinct "different" sound. I always tell folks to pay attention. If ANYTHING sounds or feels different, STOP!
    Sound advice, literally.
    Was shooting a MAC 10 once, thankfully it was on semi at the time. Heard a “pop” no bang, STOP! Sure enough a squib.
    At the time being a newbie with my first full auto I purchased some ammo because it was cheap, I hate to admit but I think it was re-loads if I remember.
    I got real smart after that ordeal, a flick of the switch the other way could’ve been a bad day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangduck View Post
    I despise S&B for shotgun (all smoke, crappy pattern), but my local range rents out an MP5 and they run exclusively S&B 9mm with zero problems.

S&B should be fine for your HK
    Agree completely! Never liked their shotgun shells

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links