Best suppressors for MR556
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best suppressors for MR556

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Best suppressors for MR556

I want to know where I can buy a suppressor with the least hassle of assembly and greatest advantage for a MR556A1 I have the stock flash suppressor I want a noise suppressor, is there a company out there that makes a noise suppressor that can attach to the stock barrel threads??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Any 1/2x28 direct thread can will attach to the barrel threads, but it is often said you should avoid a can that creates significant back pressure. You may want to read up on OSS suppressors.
    Saab95v6 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H_Lima View Post
    I want to know where I can buy a suppressor with the least hassle of assembly and greatest advantage for a MR556A1 I have the stock flash suppressor I want a noise suppressor, is there a company out there that makes a noise suppressor that can attach to the stock barrel threads??
    Sorry, misread your post

Read kbinmt’s post.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Look into OSS cans.
    Saab95v6 likes this.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

OP.....{personally speaking} go with Surfire…..you'll have to change out the flash suppressor, no big deal, and use the quick attach. You can thank me later. Been using them for years, and they are worth the coin.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Almost every company that makes rifle silencers makes a silencer for MR556 threads (1/2x28RH). I would not do this though, I would go with a can that attaches to a muzzle device.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I agree with the Surefire Socom556, excellent can and one of the best mounting systems. Very little POI shift.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

OSS if you're most concerned about backpressure, SF SOCOM series otherwise.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

The holidays are approaching so I guess it is time for my annual screed on this subject.

Your question is impossible to answer completely. And is also inviting responses of personal opinion not knowing what your evaluation criteria are. There are a huge number of companies that make suppressors for direct thread onto the 1/2x28 threads on the MR556. But you prefaced your inquiry with the "ease of assembly" requirement. That contradicts your desire to use the existing threads or at least confuses the issue. Many companies make muzzle devices in 1/2x28 that allow for fast attach and removal. Going this route also greatly reduces the chance of buggering the threads on the muzzle.

After that... You leave the community in the dark as to what your requirements will be. Many of them speaking with great authority upon what the right answer is. The truth is, they are likely wrong. And that is because they are just guessing.

Do you want a light can?
    Do you want a short can?
    Do you want maximum sound reduction?
    Are you concerned about back pressure?
    Will you be adding any modifications to your rifle for this set up such as adjustable parts?
    Are you concerned about warranty on the can?
    At what altitude will the can be shot?
    Over what surface?
    At what temperature?

All of these things are components of the answer you seek, yet none of us have a way to answer you with what you have given. Compounding all of this is the fact that every human pretty much perceives sound differently. If I proclaim the BillyBob9000 Ti556 as the perfect choice, there are a lot of folks that might be inclined to take that as gospel. But that gospel may be false for you. Because you may not like the way that titanium sounds when used in a can. You may find that the can size does not feel comfortable to you on the rifle. You may not want to support manufacturers from Alabama. And on and on...

So the correct way to answer your question is for you to make a better list of requirements and then go to a dealer who has several models available for demonstration. Then YOU listen to how the cans perform. YOU decide if the weight and dimensions meet your needs. And YOU determine if the manufacturer is capable of standing behind their product.
    FearlessLeader, GregAB and dwillHK like this.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Do you like interesting NFA images? Follow this IG feed: Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've used the AAC 762-SDN-6 on my UBL MR556 clone, without any issues. I agree a QD mount is better than direct thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links