HKPRO Forums banner

HK23E MM23E bolt and bolt carrier

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TaylorWSO 
#1 ·
I could not find any info on the Hk23E and MM23E bolt and bolt carriers so I'm reaching out for some help. I have a MM23E and works fine with the semi auto pack. Never any issues until I put in my registered Alltech pack. It is very problematic and sometimes does not go into full battery but will if I release the belt feed mechanism. It also seems to be chewing up my sear and rifle somewhat. I have only put in about 50-75 rounds with the Alltech pack and took it out until I could figure out what's going on. The pack works fine in other hosts. The sear release channel in the bolt has pretty tight tolerances for the Alltech sear release which is pretty rugged.

When trying to troubleshoot I was looking at some other bolt carriers and bolts and noticed they are quite different. I don't know if the previous owner changed things around or had it modified for a different sear? Here is what is in my MM23E now.

Also I saw this on the rail just before the trunion. Water Bumper Automotive exterior Metal

Not sure what to do. Send the bolt and bolt carrier to Mike to take a look?

Thanks in advance for your help

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, that was my first fix but did not work. The pack did not accept the hammer. The issue is the release channel on the bolt and carrier have very tight tolerances. I confirmed with Mike that the issue is the proprietary release lever/sear of the Alltech pack and will not work. Another person recommended have a customized lever/sear made since the box is registered and not the sear or have the bolt and carrier modified to the Alltech. The least expensive option? I really like the MM23E and don't want to sell it. The Alltech works perfect in my other HK90 series or clones.

#5 · (Edited)
The least expensive option? I really like the MM23E and don't want to sell it. The Alltech works perfect in my other HK90 series or clones.
that gun is jacked, send it to MM .

the biggest problem is the wear marks. The gun is not square or the trunion is welded in wrong probably why the owner sold it. The grinder marks are a sign the previous owner was having problems. Sadly this is not the first time these guns are showing problems.

I would not try the trigger pack until the wear problem was addressed, that is your problem.

If you get it fixed do not mod the pack if it works with other guns, mod the mm23 bcg since you can always buy another.
You could reweld/grind, but its much better the mill and add a piece of tool steel like TSC uses.

Also if you can not get the 23e hammer spring to work, your pack will get destroyed. The hammer will beat the cross bar out of the trigger pack. I ran my 21 with a regular 308 spring and it doesnt work.
Never any issues until I put in my registered Alltech pack. It is very problematic and sometimes does not go into full battery but will if I release the belt feed mechanism.

your pack combined with the feed mech is probably cuasing the bolt/carrier to tilt a little hitting the out of square trunion. You also might notice the bolt carrier has some wear on top of it, on the opposite side if its really bad.

#4 ·
I have a pack with an S&H sear that runs great in my hosts EXCEPT that I when I run my MM23e I have to use a trip lever that has been very slightly modified by taking some material off the surface that rides on the sear. Not sure what an Alltech pack looks like, but if it runs a standard trip lever you might be able to make things right by modifying that trip just a bit and using it with just the MM23e. If it's a standard trip it only costs about $15 or so and is the first thing I would look at.

Have you sent the pack and gun to Mike for a look? He talked me through my fix over the phone, but I am using his 23e pack so it might be easier than your issue to diagnose. Best of luck my friend - I think it's a slight geometry issue you can work through. Keep us posted!

#6 ·
When trying to troubleshoot I was looking at some other bolt carriers and bolts and noticed they are quite different.
the "real" german HK 23 bolts and bolt carriers are different than clone parts. German hk23 bolts use half rollers and not full rollers (terrible design IMO). The bolt carriers also don't have the friction sear trip lever because they were designed to work ith a different trigger pack that had a trip and not a lever-hence the little dangle bit you see in the picture. You need to have MM fix the trunion/receiver of your gun as its not square.

#7 ·
His gun is fine.
The problem is the Alltech pack.
Even though it is a registered "box" it is a semi box and a one piece sear/trip was added to go full-auto.
The trip design will not work with a E type belt fed carrier although it will in rifle/subgun carriers.
The trip will catch between the bolt and carrier the way it sticks up.
MM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.