Hk branded BT Impuls Can - 9mm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hk branded BT Impuls Can - 9mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So my SOT received my BT 9mm Impuls II USP/VP9 can today on Form 3. I'm just beginning the process now. Anyone have this suppressor? I got the actual HK branded one when they were offering branded suppressors for a minute, NIB.
    Last edited by hkguy007; 10-31-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    "AHH BUCKLE THIS! LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!!!"

-HK Mark 23, HK USP .45 Tactical, HK USP .45, HK USP 45 Compact SS Slide, HK USP .45 Compact, HK USP .40, HK USP .40 Compact, HK USP 9, HK USP 9 Compact, HK45c, HK P30 .40, HK P2000 9, HK P2000SK LEM V2 .40, HK P30SKS, HK VP9 LE, HK VP40 LE

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

No clue, but have my own on the way as well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've got one and I like it a LOT. It's easy to clock the can to achieve the best result in terms of POI shift. I find the can performs very well. I've also got one of the CCF-built (under license from B&T) .45 cans too. I'm quite happy with that can as well, and it has the exact same ability to clock the can. GREAT cans.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

JBG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I played around with them a bit. Can't compare them to others tho.
    I noticed on 20 almost zero impact shift, so that's good I guess.
    Paired with a G19 it was OK to shoot without earpro but nothing to do always.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I have a Swiss made HK branded B&T suppressor for my MK23 and I love it.

Nifty likes this.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I have a Swiss made HK branded B&T suppressor for my MK23 and I love it.

Wow! I didn't even know that can existed! Must be rare for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Hey, does anyone know why HK only offered suppressors for just 2017 and then stopped? Seems weird?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    I played around with them a bit. Can't compare them to others tho.
    I noticed on 20 almost zero impact shift, so that's good I guess.
    Paired with a G19 it was OK to shoot without earpro but nothing to do always.
    Could you expand on your comment? Are you saying that compared to other modern 9mm cans, it's not good from a suppression/reduction perspective? I only have 45 cans, so I don't have a frame of reference for 9mm other than posted db #'s. Says 32db on website which puts it around 130, slightly better than the sico omega 9k I was considering (I know db ratings aren't everything). So long as it's high quality construvtion, I'm ok it being a tad louder than other 9mm cans of equal size from other makers. Love to hear your opinion more so...

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkguy007 View Post
    Wow! I didn't even know that can existed! Must be rare for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Hey, does anyone know why HK only offered suppressors for just 2017 and then stopped? Seems weird?
    HK and B&T had a licensing agreement, it did not get extended. Don’t know why, but I’m sure it’s all about money.

JBG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkguy007 View Post
    Could you expand on your comment? Are you saying that compared to other modern 9mm cans, it's not good from a suppression/reduction perspective? I only have 45 cans, so I don't have a frame of reference for 9mm other than posted db #'s. Says 32db on website which puts it around 130, slightly better than the sico omega 9k I was considering (I know db ratings aren't everything). So long as it's high quality construvtion, I'm ok it being a tad louder than other 9mm cans of equal size from other makers. Love to hear your opinion more so...
    No I haven't tried any other modern or old 9mm cans except for the APC9SD
    I'd say they are about the same.
    Compared to a B&T Impuls V paired with a HK 45, the G19 with the Impuls IIA was much quieter and less of a pop and more of a pfft.
    I know, sounds silly.

That said, I think the B&T baffle design is quite old. It's possible that there are better designs in the meanwhile.
    Also, the 9mm Impuls IIA is quite snappy on the Glock. Felt recoil is increased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    No clue, but have my own on the way as well.
    It arrived at my SOT yesterday, and I went to check it out in person (before I say goodbye for probably a year 😞 ). It is super high quality in construction is the sense I got compared to my current AAC cans. I was really impressed with the look and feel of it, and at under 8in in length, it is a good size. Definitely a heavy can though, but feels like it can take a lot of rounds and be knocked around, unlike my Titanium cans, which feel like toys. Excited to get the stamp in a year (or will I be one of the lucky 90day'ers?....fingers crossed). I went thru SS for forms, etc and I have another suppressor, the KAC USPT on order as well, about a week or so behind the BT Impuls, which I am doing the paper forms (not SS) for at a different SOT. I'm excited for that too, of course. Let's see which one gets approved first!
    Last edited by hkguy007; 11-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links