RE: PP, regisgered receiver trigger question....
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By HkCHUCK
  • 2 Post By Anopstyx
  • 1 Post By hk21man
  • 1 Post By ccosby

Thread: RE: PP, regisgered receiver trigger question....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Default RE: PP, regisgered receiver trigger question....

Hey all;

I know I've looked for this before, but the Alzheimer's is in high gear today.

If you have RR/PP, swing down lower.....say an SEF, is it legal to purchase, say a 0,1,3,full …...and attach rather than the SEF???? Or does that violate the terms that it's a RR???

Thanks in advance.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Isn't one of the main advantages of a push pin registered receiver the ability to use any Hk trigger group?
    My push pin RRMG's were marked "machine gun" on the Form 4 and I have all kinds of push pin trigger groups
    for them.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Any factory HK auto pack is legal on a RR PP gun.
    rickj1nd and waylon43 like this.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

All correct... Because any unaltered F/A trigger pack, regardless of flavor, is perfectly legal for anyone to own and you can change them out on a PP/RR at will.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

The only variation that comes to mind are a limited number of push pin guns that have a registered sear which is essentially permanently married to the receiver. However, that may or may not be considered a registered receiver. Essentially a push pin and a registered sear that can’t be separated (unless maybe the receiver is destroyed with ATF permission).

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Hey all;

I know I've looked for this before, but the Alzheimer's is in high gear today.

If you have RR/PP, swing down lower.....say an SEF, is it legal to purchase, say a 0,1,3,full …...and attach rather than the SEF???? Or does that violate the terms that it's a RR???

Thanks in advance.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    The only variation that comes to mind are a limited number of push pin guns that have a registered sear which is essentially permanently married to the receiver. However, that may or may not be considered a registered receiver. Essentially a push pin and a registered sear that can’t be separated (unless maybe the receiver is destroyed with ATF permission).
    Thank you sir....and thank you all.

I couldn't remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as it is a legitimate push pin gun. Remember there are RRs out there with no mods to the receiver, all mods were to the lower/pack. I have heard whispers over the years of people converting those non-pp RRs to true pp RRs, which BATF says is not allowed. I have thought about how you would know if someone along the way did this.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    As long as it is a legitimate push pin gun. Remember there are RRs out there with no mods to the receiver, all mods were to the lower/pack. I have heard whispers over the years of people converting those non-pp RRs to true pp RRs, which BATF says is not allowed. I have thought about how you would know if someone along the way did this.
    Never really thought about that.....I guess you'd have to see the papers, wherein it would show that it was a legit PP/RR????

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Never really thought about that.....I guess you'd have to see the papers, wherein it would show that it was a legit PP/RR????
    It doesn't show on the papers/Form.
    MM
    Brad4065 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    It doesn't show on the papers/Form.
    MM
    What Michael said. The forms are just going to identify what the registered part is, not how the conversion was done. The guns Suds was talking about were ones Vollmer did. He installed a transferable sear into the guns marrying it to them and then converted the guns to dual push pin. The ATF cracked down on this and tried to get him to destroy the guns he already converted but still had. The judge ruled in that case that he was permitted to convert the guns back. The ones that were already sold the atf didn't go after but if you want to separate the sear from the host the host needs to be destroyed. On those guns the serial of the sear will be on the paperwork and in the notes it should say the host its installed in.

As far as guns that were converted to dual push pin after the fact. I'm sure its been done, the best answer would be who is the maker on the paperwork. Most didn't convert them to dual push pin. They made a sear or sear/trip combo and installed it in a lower.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Sponsored Links