Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber

Thread: Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber

I've seen some other threads on here with the same problem using a burst pack when trying to fire full auto (or burst). The first round will fire and then either a few more fire normally or it immediately stops and the trigger is dead. A live round will be in the chamber that has a light strike. This now happens to me with almost all my clones (Omega full size 9mm, Coharie MP5SD, BA33). In the past I was able to shoot these without any problems.

I don't get this problem with my Coharie MP5k and my C308 clones which led me to suspect the grip housing was loose since those use two pins in the grip housing instead of one. However a new grip housing didn't fix the problem.

Here's a thread discussing the same issue:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...-question.html

I suspect my issue is with the trip lever as well since semi-auto functions fine in all the clones. I noticed when I took my trigger pack out of the grip housing that the trip lever is loose and can move freely several mm. Here are pics showing how much it can move.

Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber-trip1.jpgBurst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber-trip2.jpg

This third picture shows how much the trip lever can move after it's been activated:
    Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber-trip3.jpg

Is this normal? I already plan on replacing it but now wonder if something else might be broken.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Is this a sear burst with a sear?
    If semi works the trip is releasing the hammer...if not semi won't work
    as the hammer always goes to the sear.
    MM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    Is this a sear burst with a sear?
    If semi works the trip is releasing the hammer...if not semi won't work
    as the hammer always goes to the sear.
    MM
    It's an S&H sear in a burst pack.

Here is a picture of the sear and trip lever. Looks like a slight indentation on the sear where it contacts the trip lever.
    Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber-sear1.jpg

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I zoomed in on your picture and your are right, you definitely have some wear going on there with the tip of your S&H sear. I don't know much about the S&H sears on the material they are made out of, but this is one area where I always use grease, not oil, with my Fleming sears. Perhaps someone else can chime in if they've seen this issue before.

Burst pack with registered sear, malfunction with light striked live round in chamber-sear.jpg

Sponsored Links