TPM 8" Short Suppressors do they really work?

Thread: TPM 8" Short Suppressors do they really work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TPM 8" Short Suppressors do they really work?

I've seen videos of the TPM 8" suppressors runnnes FA without any issues but some say a lot of mods had to be made to the BCG of the MP5 SD itself to make it work and even then it was really not reliable either

Does anyone have any experience or heard any verifiable successes with that can?

I have asked the company directly a few times and they would never give a clear answer, TPM was always really dodgy and doesn't seem like a company I would trust

https://www.tpmoutfitters.com/produc...-sd-suppressor

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can confirm my TPM 8" suppressor functions perfectly in Feuerstoss mode. My stamp for the TPM was approved two months ago and shooting nearly 1000 rounds in both semi and semi and full auto, it has been perfect, no issues at all.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VX666 View Post
    I've seen videos of the TPM 8" suppressors runnnes FA without any issues but some say a lot of mods had to be made to the BCG of the MP5 SD itself to make it work and even then it was really not reliable either

Does anyone have any experience or heard any verifiable successes with that can?

I have asked the company directly a few times and they would never give a clear answer, TPM was always really dodgy and doesn't seem like a company I would trust

https://www.tpmoutfitters.com/produc...-sd-suppressor
    I have one of these in NFA jail. I should take mine out for a conjugal spin this weekend. I will report back if I make it out with the can.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@1-504PIR what type of ammo and any mods to the gun? Bcg?

Is the 8" baffles the same as the 10" in terms of design, not quantity?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VX666 View Post
    @1-504PIR what type of ammo and any mods to the gun? Bcg?

Is the 8" baffles the same as the 10" in terms of design, not quantity?
    I have shot Federal 124gr Lawman, Aguila 124gr, Winchester 124gr, S&B 124gr and 115gr, Fiocchi 115gr, CCI Speer 115gr, and some older GECO 124 gr. The GECO and Sellier & Bellot were the most accurate, although the other brands were close in accuracy.
    PCS gun with H&K factory BCG. No mods or tweaking at all. Functions great with both the semi auto trigger pack and with my Qualified sear trigger pack.
    I believe the 8" is basically the same as the 10" in design and probably watched the same videos as you before making my decision to by the TPM. I had people commenting at the range at how quiet the TPM was. I have a RDTS silencer in jail right now. I want a short silencer (lightweight) and a standard length (heavy) silencer for my SD. I have heard nothing but great things about the RDTS. I'm looking forward to doing a comparison between the two in the near future.
    No regrets buying the TPM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I heard from RTDS, you do need the 120 locking piece and possibly a lighter recoil spring for their shorty.

I didn't hear back from TPM and my F1 from ATF already got approved

Sponsored Links