Market Value of Transferable Billistics Push Pin Receiver MP5 In SD Configuration????

Thread: Market Value of Transferable Billistics Push Pin Receiver MP5 In SD Configuration????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Market Value of Transferable Billistics Push Pin Receiver MP5 In SD Configuration????

Hi, I am a retail firearms dealer & have been full time since 1979. I repurchased a Billistics Push Pin MP5 in SD configuration today from a customer that I sold it to in 2010. I am a MG'er from when you could convert them on a Form 1. I have not followed the market for a long time as my interests have changed. I know a lot about this gun. I helped a friend buy it from Class 3 Supply in Kentucky in the 1980's & sent it off to Ralph at RDTS to have it converted to a SD. It has a 4 Position Lower, Factory Carrier & is in Excellent Condition with a low round count, I think it might have the french bolt. Of course, being a Push Pin gun, it is a Registered Receiver. I am transferring this & the Suppressor onto a Form 3. What is the value of this on today's market? Please realize that this is not for sale until it's on my books as per request of the seller. Thank you very much & Happy Christmas! Tim

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Well, sears are still hovering around $30k and I can't imagine people are going to be willing to pay more than that for a registered receiver gun, even with an SD conversion. But then again, I might be wrong.

To me, the SD conversion, as nice as a job as RDTS does, would actually drop the value, as it makes an already limited gun that much less versatile. When I still had my sear and had both an MP5 and an MP5SD to run it in, I rarely ran the MP5SD, as it was a pain to clean and deal with afterwords (though it was beautiful while I was shooting it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you. I appreciate the candor. I really don't buy many MG's. A lot of money tied up with waiting on both ends!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Adding to what Beowulf wrote, I imagine that SD was not made from a factory parts kit, but instead was one of Ralph’s clone shrouds? If it were made from a parts kit with all factory parts, you might find a specialized customer who enjoys the best of the best, a Billistics push pin and factory SD kit. Not to put down Ralph’s conversion (he built one for me), but that’s a bit like a beautiful brick estate, with a vinyl siding addition.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Well, sears are still hovering around $30k and I can't imagine people are going to be willing to pay more than that for a registered receiver gun, even with an SD conversion. But then again, I might be wrong.

To me, the SD conversion, as nice as a job as RDTS does, would actually drop the value, as it makes an already limited gun that much less versatile. When I still had my sear and had both an MP5 and an MP5SD to run it in, I rarely ran the MP5SD, as it was a pain to clean and deal with afterwords (though it was beautiful while I was shooting it).
    The dual push pin mp5s usually are more expensive than the sears(at least the sears by themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Adding to what Beowulf wrote, I imagine that SD was not made from a factory parts kit, but instead was one of Ralph’s clone shrouds? If it were made from a parts kit with all factory parts, you might find a specialized customer who enjoys the best of the best, a Billistics push pin and factory SD kit. Not to put down Ralph’s conversion (he built one for me), but that’s a bit like a beautiful brick estate, with a vinyl siding addition.
    Yea the SD market can be weird. A lot of the guns were converted with non standard parts(many before the sd parts could be found) and if anything it can hurt the value. If its built of a factory sd kit great, if not I wonder if it would be worth more converted back to a stock mp5(or at least easier to sell).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    The dual push pin mp5s usually are more expensive than the sears(at least the sears by themselves).

Yea the SD market can be weird. A lot of the guns were converted with non standard parts(many before the sd parts could be found) and if anything it can hurt the value. If its built of a factory sd kit great, if not I wonder if it would be worth more converted back to a stock mp5(or at least easier to sell).
    Then there’s the issue of, how is the gun/paperwork marked for model number?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you guys. For now its going to stay a SD. If it doesn't sell when its time to hang up my spurs & shut the lights off....I'll do something. Thanks Again & Happy Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I apologize if I violated a forum rule, I was unaware. I could not think of a better place than here to ask my question..........Trump, I feel your pain!

Sponsored Links