UPDATE SP5 as sear host - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: UPDATE SP5 as sear host

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think there might be better resale in the burst pack but more expense in putting one together and setting it up.
    TallPine likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 357hipower View Post
    I think there might be better resale in the burst pack but more expense in putting one together and setting it up.
    Maybe. There's no guarantees that a sear in a burst pack will be setup (timed) correctly when you buy it. And if you're buying one, you're going to want to disassemble the pack anyways to put eyes on that sear before you spend the money on it (if you're smart). To me, it was all about buying a good sear for a fair price... period. The pack it was in or host was just a side note but certainly a consideration, to some extent, on pricing.
    TallPine likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Then check with TSC Machine. They were to be coming out with service to mod the SP5 semi bolt to a FA bolt by machining in a removable trip ramp that is installed after the bolt is inserted in past the SP5 carrier block. I haven't heard any more about this and thought it was coming in January with a "speculated" price tag around 3-4 hundred. Anyone know if this is still coming?
    Back on topic, that mod is interesting.. so you insert the bolt into the receiver and screw in the removable trip, then you use as normal with sear/box, then you must remove the trip to disassemble? With a little threadlocker it seems like a great idea if the trip 100% clears the block during normal operation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    Back on topic, that mod is interesting.. so you insert the bolt into the receiver and screw in the removable trip, then you use as normal with sear/box, then you must remove the trip to disassemble? With a little threadlocker it seems like a great idea if the trip 100% clears the block during normal operation.
    One of his guys will chime in but that is the jist of it...install and remove the trip ramp once bolt is in receiver past the carrier block. It might not be a screw holding the trip ramp in. I think it might be a spring loaded detent arrangement where you just press against spring and rock it up into its detent. A screw might back out and cause problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links