Like Tree78Likes

Thread: SP5 Full Auto - No Receiver Mods - TSC Machine

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    OK.....I'm lost. How is this?????

Sign me up please.
    @Brad4065 , word is that TSC has modified a carrier that can clear the block with no mods to the SP5 at all (and the Zenith as well). Unknown if he mods the stock carrier or a FA carrier. No pics or details yet other than some vids by @SudS and others. Cant wait to see what Mike has come up with.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suds,

Does it use the original SP5 lower or do you use a SEF lower? I'm guessing that the SP5 lower is different than a standard lower due to the shelf size.

Is there an issue or anything that needs to be changed due to the SP5 having Ambi controls?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Since the SP5 housing has no 3rd position to run a FA pack, Im sure he is modify a SEF or ambi FA capable housing to fit the unique SP5 shelf.

Back to speculation about SudS' vids....since the vids show the carrier already fully inserted into the receiver, it seems likely that the carrier is modified by adding a removable FA "trip ramp" to the carrier after its inserted in the receiver. Others have speculated this could be done by machining a slot in the stock carrier to receive a screw-in or spring loaded removable trip ramp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in IN View Post
    Suds,

Does it use the original SP5 lower or do you use a SEF lower? I'm guessing that the SP5 lower is different than a standard lower due to the shelf size.

Is there an issue or anything that needs to be changed due to the SP5 having Ambi controls?
    Naturally, all NFA rules apply. If you have a registered Navy or burst sear or pack, I “think” you can drop that in an SP5 plastic housing. If you want the cool Navy or burst pictogram bullet markings, then you would need to get new plastic. Same would apply to an SEF, which obviously would not drop in the SP5 plastic.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Since the SP5 housing has no 3rd position to run a FA pack, Im sure he is modify a SEF or ambi FA capable housing to fit the unique SP5 shelf.

Back to speculation about SudS' vids....since the vids show the carrier already fully inserted into the receiver, it seems likely that the carrier is modified by adding a removable FA "trip ramp" to the carrier after its inserted in the receiver. Others have speculated this could be done by machining a slot in the stock carrier to receive a screw-in or spring loaded removable trip ramp.
    trigger housing=plastic (or metal) housing only
    trigger pack=trigger components in a metal box
    trigger group=housing, pack, and selector

The type of housing only matters if it is compatible with the pack (SEF or ambi) or with the shelf (pushpin, 90s series, or SP5). The SP5 housing is compatible with all registered ambi packs. The trigger group in the video appears to be a unmodified SP5 housing with an unmodified registered navy pack.
    LRM19k likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So will my SEF trigger group (registered sear) fit on the SP5 or is the shelf too different?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post

You can use the SP5 housing with a full auto ambi pack, you just won't have the full auto selector markings. There are no stops or anything in the housing that limits the rotation of full auto selectors.

Last edited by LRM19k; 12-24-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

My bad, yall are correct. I was thinking of the divets in the SEF housing, forgetting the ambi (and SP5) houusings have no divets.
    @Scott_in_IN , I forget if you have a Sear in an ambi pack or a DLO type trigger box. If a sear in an ambi pack, you can just pull out the sear pack and drop it in the SP5 housing and be good to go. You just wont have the markings indicating when its in FA. If you have a DLO or similar trigger box that is SEF only, you will need to either modify your current SEF housing to fit (and it would be then dedicated to only the SP5) or get another SEF plastic housing to modify.
    Last edited by TallPine; 12-24-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya, I've got a Fleming sear in a SEF trigger group. So the easiest way to run it would be to put my trigger pack in the SP5 trigger housing? Would I still use my non Ambi SEF selector or would I use the SP5 Ambi selector, I'm to even sure if they are compatible?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in IN View Post
    Ya, I've got a Fleming sear in a SEF trigger group. So the easiest way to run it would be to put my trigger pack in the SP5 trigger housing? Would I still use my non Ambi SEF selector or would I use the SP5 Ambi selector, I'm to even sure if they are compatible?
    No, your SEF sear pack will not drop into the SP5 housing. You will need to either modify your SEF plastic housing to fit the SP5, or buy another SEF plastic housing to modify.

The selector holes on the SEF packs and housings are a smaller diameter than the ambi and SP5 selector holes. Thats the main reason your SEF pack wont just drop in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links