SP5 Full Auto - No Receiver Mods - TSC Machine - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 86
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: SP5 Full Auto - No Receiver Mods - TSC Machine

  1. #31
    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2002
    Location : Northern Indiana
    Posts : 53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    No, your SEF sear pack will not drop into the SP5 housing. You will need to either modify your SEF plastic housing to fit the SP5, or buy another SEF plastic housing to modify.

    The selector holes on the SEF packs and housings are a smaller diameter than the ambi and SP5 selector holes. Thats the main reason your SEF pack wont just drop in.
    Ok, I was thinking that Ambi packs had a bigger selector hole and I wasn't sure that it would work. Easiest way would be to just buy a SEF housing and clip / pin it to fit the SP5 shelf and I'd be good to go?

  2. #32
    Very Senior Member
    TallPine's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Location : Florida
    Posts : 346
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    ^yes sir thats correct. Sorry to have typed some slightly incorrect info the first time around....having a DLO box I keep forgetting some Sear owners have them setup in SEF packs.

  3. #33
    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2002
    Location : Northern Indiana
    Posts : 53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    A little further info on Ambi vs SEF, I think I've got it now...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1idwPAe1dQ

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Supporting Vendor

    Join Date : Apr 2002
    Posts : 1,294
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Default

    Nothing new or innovative here.
    Screwed on trip after carrier is installed....done before.
    That is if NO MODS at all to carrier block which only needs about 3/32" taken off with block still installed for F/A carrier.
    For you "legal eagles" this would be the same as removing the block but worse.
    This is a conversion device in theory to make a semi shoot full auto hence illegal MG.
    But that's BS you say...which is why removing the block is not an issue (except HK's hole in the side.....read my other post)
    I can do my screw on trip vs welded trip for the "on the fence guys"
    MM
    Brad4065 likes this.

  6. #35
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,091
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

    Default

    I've NEVER known Michael Otte to acknowledge the accomplishments of any other builder other than to say he did it first, he did it better, or it wasn't that difficult to do in the first place. He's even boasted he makes guns better than HK. Come on Mike, you don't always have to display such pathetic low self esteem. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by SudS; 12-24-2019 at 09:07 PM.

  7. #36
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    ccosby's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Location : Virginia
    Posts : 677
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott in IN View Post
    So will my SEF trigger group (registered sear) fit on the SP5 or is the shelf too different?
    The answer is maybe. The SP5 uses the same shelf as a sp5k which sits a little higher than a hk94 one. So my 4 position ambi pack needed a tiny bit taken off to clear the sp5k shelf. Your sef pack may or may not need a tiny bit shaved off to clear the newer guns. In my case I ended up needing more taken off to clear a clone host who's shelf wasn't in the right position so it now clears everything ok but isn't tight up on the shelf like it used to be.

    Edit: As others have said you would need a sef lower housing to put the pack into. The best option would be to have one clipped and pinned to fit the shelf on the sp5 as its different than the hk94. Just like places sell the sef lowers cut specifically for the sp5k instead of using a sp89 one.

  8. #37
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 4,018
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    @Brad4065 , word is that TSC has modified a carrier that can clear the block with no mods to the SP5 at all (and the Zenith as well). Unknown if he mods the stock carrier or a FA carrier. No pics or details yet other than some vids by @SudS and others. Cant wait to see what Mike has come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    Nothing new or innovative here.
    Screwed on trip after carrier is installed....done before.
    That is if NO MODS at all to carrier block which only needs about 3/32" taken off with block still installed for F/A carrier.
    For you "legal eagles" this would be the same as removing the block but worse.
    This is a conversion device in theory to make a semi shoot full auto hence illegal MG.
    But that's BS you say...which is why removing the block is not an issue (except HK's hole in the side.....read my other post)
    I can do my screw on trip vs welded trip for the "on the fence guys"
    MM
    Thanks guys for clearing this up!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  9. #38
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    flybynt's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2007
    Location : AZ
    Posts : 2,715
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    Nothing new or innovative here.

    For you "legal eagles" this would be the same as removing the block but worse.
    This is a conversion device in theory to make a semi shoot full auto hence illegal MG.

    MM
    If true, then any FA carrier would be considered a conversion device for ANY model or brand of SA 9x series gun.
    I am not a legal eagle nor a builder or lawyer but if that logic were to hold true and I'm sure the ATF would love to take that tact. So by that logic anyone in possession of a FA bolt and SA 9x series gun without a MG sear/box would be seen as having constructive intent and I don't see how that is any different than a m16 carrier in SA AR15 which is now fine according to the ATF.

    So please elaborate as I want to understand your POV.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

  10. #39
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 115
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Seems like the point here, as I understand it, is that if you take the stance that the sear block cannot be removed because the receiver would be a machine gun, then any modified part used to defeat the sear block would be an illegal conversion device. Think it is the same logic as modifying the Uzi bolt to work around the blocking bar.

    However, i just don’t see the logic that the block cannot be removed if the full wrap shelf is welded on since that is how most all of the MP5s and clones have been built over the past 40 years.

  11. #40
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Sep 2004
    Posts : 227
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I've NEVER known Michael Otte to acknowledge the accomplishments of any other builder other than to say he did it first, he did it better, or it wasn't that difficult to do in the first place. He's even boasted he makes guns better than HK. Come on Mike, you don't always have to display such pathetic low self esteem. Merry Christmas.
    LOL that's so true. He will also never acknowledge being wrong.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

full auto sp5
,
hk sp5 sbr form 1
,
hkpro full site
,
how to convert sp5 to full auto
,
sp5 full auto
,

sp5 full auto conversion

Click on a term to search for related topics.