KAC MK23 Suppressor issue.... again - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: KAC MK23 Suppressor issue.... again

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Curious--- were these from the HK Group Buy, or overruns through distributors???

Tony
    They have been making them before and after the group buy. My serial MU94XX is fine

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnynm View Post
    I bought mine from a distributor through my local class 3 FFL, it's still in jail so maybe I can get this resolved before it's home.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRETT9660 View Post
    Not sure about the over run part. But ive always wanted to get the can and would notice every year they would come out with a batch right at the end of summer going into fall. So i decided to buy one in July through gunbroker and did the paper work and all and it was back home a day after my birthday in October. So probably a tooling issue. Went to the range yesterday and what a major difference, can doesnt move anymore and sounds better aswell since of the positive seal.
    Thanks, fellas!!!
    Overrun = those left over from, and manufactured after, the HKPRO Group Buy.

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    They have been making them before and after the group buy. My serial MU94XX is fine
    Thanks--- I was not aware of this--- the HK Group Buys seem to be in the MU95XX range!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Just got mine out of jail and I have the same problem,shredded o ring.Not from the group buy serial number MU97xx.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sygmaman View Post
    Just got mine out of jail and I have the same problem,shredded o ring.Not from the group buy serial number MU97xx.
    Thanks--- there seems to be a pattern forming--- MU94XX and MU95XX (piston alright)--- MU96XX and MU97XX (piston damaging O-ring when secured)!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

KAC was apparently able to recreate the issue with my piston and it looks like they just opted to replace it. Just got the new one and it threads on properly. Now I just have to wait for the form 4 to get approved.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pysaki View Post
    KAC was apparently able to recreate the issue with my piston and it looks like they just opted to replace it. Just got the new one and it threads on properly. Now I just have to wait for the form 4 to get approved.
    Thanks for the update--- did KAC mention the culprit (like something in the manufacturing process for that batch)???

Tony

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Curious,

Did you send WHOLE can back? or just piston. And why are you waiting on a 4 if it's just a piston? Forgive my ignorance.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pysaki View Post
    Thanks for the update--- did KAC mention the culprit (like something in the manufacturing process for that batch)??? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hkpro.com/forum/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Tony
    They didn't mention anything other than that they were able to recreate the event and decided to replace it. At least the process was relatively painless. Good on KAC for sure!
    AGG likes this.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    Curious,

Did you send WHOLE can back? or just piston. And why are you waiting on a 4 if it's just a piston? Forgive my ignorance.
    I only sent the piston assembly for them to look at. The rest of the suppressor still hasn't cleared the atf, but I noticed this issue at the dealer's. I decided I didn't want to wait for the form 4 to be approved THEN send the piston in. This way, everything will be good to go on day 1.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links