Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Don't forget the training bolt and blue ammo. When a newbie just wants to experience FA, let em run a couple of mags of the blue stuff. They are happy and so am I.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I concur with James' MP5 course. Lot of fun and learning. I hope to attend his advanced class one day- perhaps this year...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Congratulations on taking the plunge into FA HKs.
    Last edited by jsurowitz; 01-16-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Triggerfish likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Triggerfish...congrats on your new mp5+sear purchase. Strong move. More often we see people inquire and ultimately not purchase due to price- esp the ones who mention money tightness. So...you have risen above the crowd of wannabes. Welcome!

As a 2x sear owner with maybe 15-20 host guns from factory hosts to bad clones and everything in between....I will make the following considerations.

1. dont jump right into hk beltfeds unless you 1. have plenty of disposable cash and 2. a desire to learn and troubleshoot. Big bonus would be prior non-hk beltfed experience. Beltfeds are a different beast. Seriously - they can be pains in the ass. Much much morfe involved maintenance, operation details, $$ .

That said I love my MM23E/21E, M60, and 1919 and FM-9. Beltfeds bring the most joy but also the most frustration...and you'll shoot them a LOT less than you plan. I cant tell you how many times its been a nice day and I have a few hrs free to go down to the range....do i choose to take my beltfed ...or the MP5, Uzi, AR15, etc????? 9 times out of 10 the shoulder fired stuff wins...mostly bc the thought of blowing thru my linked up ammo stash and the cleaning, and the setup/breakdown is such a pain in the arse. The subguns ALWAYS make it to the range...even when beltfed is the primary- just in case the beltfed is having issues, etc.

next point. Hosts for your sear: I'd start simple...get a factory gun...like a hk 91. Learn the ropes of sears, trips, bolt gaps, shelves, etc. The factory semi hosts are the easier to work with and learn on. Then move progressively into clones. For your MP5k you mentioned consider the new imported MP5k - the SP5k - its a factory gun but can take a sear after some work. Then go clone host crazy. Before you knwo it you'll be shooting roller lock guns that hk never really were known for - 52s , reverse stretches, 51ks, etc.

Ultimately the best of both worlds is to have a bevy of clone hosts to shoot the snot out of (dont even clean 'em!) as well as a set of factory host guns which just sit in the safe/gun room which you can show off to friends.

Thats how I'd progress down this road. Its a load of fun and highly addicting. If you are a shooter then prepare to spend boatloads on ammo. And if you take friends out shooting expect them to not appreciate the guns, to not help cleaning them, to not appreciate you loading up all the mags beforehand, and to not pitch in for the $500 in ammo yall blew that afternoon dicking off....
    Great advice, thanks!

While I'm a HK newb, I am most definitely not new to MG's. Bought my first one over 20 years ago and have a decent "collection". Just never ventured into the HK Sear (or FN sear, FWIW) world for some reason. I think I was just content with what I had (wish I hadn't been and bought more MG's like all of us here :) )

I appreciate the comments on the beltfed for sure! Solid advice. It's hard to not get excited at the prospect of owning a nice one. I did get my feet wet a few years ago with my M16 and an Ares Fightlite (AKA: Shrike) and it ended up being something I didn't care about in the end so I sold it. But I do consider the MM23E/MM21E a whole other animal that I want to tame... in due time. For now I just have to figure out which host guns I want to pursue. I feel like my brain is glazed over from looking at all of the available/possible host options... which is certainly a nice problem to have. I appreciate the advice from everyone on those also.

My gun arrived at my dealer this afternoon (Form 3 e-file) so I finally got to shoot it.. what an absolute joy to shoot! All of my previous purchases were with dealers and/or individuals where I couldn't visit/shoot the gun during the form 4 wait. When I brought the gun back to my dealer all he could say was my huge smile said it all. :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    e. I did get my feet wet a few years ago with my M16 and an Ares Fightlite (AKA: Shrike) and it ended up being something I didn't care about in the end so I sold it. But I do consider the MM23E/MM21E a whole other animal that I want to tame... in due time. For now I just have to figure out which host guns I want to pursue. I feel like my brain is glazed over from looking at all of the available/possible host options... which is certainly a nice problem to have. I appreciate the advice from everyone on those also.
    the shrike is a toy compared to a real beltfed. Fun, but still toy.

You need to find a local with HK toys and shoot them. Reading is one thing but handling and shooting is another. I went through the same thing with my sear. Got all the host, spent a lot of money only to find out a Mp5 and beltfed are the only ones I enjoy.
    The other host are collecting dust.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

triggerfish if you put your location in your profile, someone near you might just hook you up with a tour of their HK collection at a nearby range. As taylorWSO says knowing what you like without having to spend $1000's to buy stuff that it turns out you don't like is a big help.

Like a HK-51 its an interesting host. I think I've let about 20 people run it, only one person asked for a 2nd mag.
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

While on this wonderful subject. I'm thinking of entering this arena but I'm a bit confused. There is so much info out there it can be overwhelming. I have a PTR right now. I see packs, sears, and boxes as my option. I'm confused about the box itself because I see FA boxes with a notch in the front near the sear spring pin and ones that don't. All are transferable so I expect they are going into a weapon that has a shelf.

1) Does it matter if the box/pack has self or not

2) Will it still fit my requirements without modifications?

3) If I find a registered sear only, what else is required to install in my box that has the notch? If so, are these "Special" parts or OEM.

Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please-dfzoxrl-imgur-mod.jpg
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

many of your questions should be answered by reading the link i put in post #11.

Please start by reading that. It will give you the knowledge and vocabulary to speed up the discussions/explanations of HK NFA items.

I quickly re-read the linked information and I think all of your questions are answered there.
    rickj1nd likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post
    many of your questions should be answered by reading the link i put in post #11.

Please start by reading that. It will give you the knowledge and vocabulary to speed up the discussions/explanations of HK NFA items.

I quickly re-read the linked information and I think all of your questions are answered there.
    Thank you.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post

I honestly dont know why the Thomas Hoel article isn't pinned to the top of the NFA section... Requested that numerous times. It has been the gold standard for referencing some of those questions for years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links