Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please

First off, this forum has been an amazing resource for helping me on my journey into buying a registered MP5, either a RR, sear, trigger pack, etc., but I am still a newb and feel like I still have a lot of questions.

I started looking at Registered recievers because of pricing, but am now thinking of going to a registered sear with a host gun. With a Genuine HK gun (converted HK94), it looks like I'm going to be in at a certain price point (Let's say $37-38K).

I really want to start out with a host in hand that I know works, to me it just helps to know I have the first one out of the way and that I can hit the range the day I get my stamp approved.

So my first questions are :

Should I get an MP5 or MP5K first? It appears that the K's are about $1K more as hosts? The MP5 is more attractive as a range gun, the K is just bad ass looking.. so I agree I need both eventually. Is the K version really worth $1K more as a host gun though? I can only afford 1 host at first and it may take a while to afford a second host.

If I get a MP5K first, how much would it cost to get a MP5 host also? It appears that the new SP5's have softened host prices (why pay $8K for a HK94 conversion when you can get a SP5 for $2800 and modify it?). A HK MP5 host seems like a must.. while I may obtain a clone to be a range shooter.. what are the best options for the price?

Let's say I get this gun, for example (only an example, not buying from this dealer (FYI):

Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please-h0684_2124860_fleming_firearms_hk_-_0012x.jpgLets talk HK Sear host options and prices please-h0684_2124860_fleming_firearms_hk_-_0022x.jpg

Being that I don't know much at this point, is it possible to just take the gun apart and remove the trigger pack (with the registered sear), then drop the trigger pack into a MP5? With this exact gun, what are my options w/o digging into the pack to remove the sear? While I know I can remove the sear, I'm still kind of new and not sure until I get to know what I'm doing and it sure would be nice to be able to "drop the pack in" to a few host guns and go. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

I don't know anyone around me that can help, so my journey will be a learn as you go experience, and I kind of fear that I will start messing around by pulling the sear out and then not having even one running gun when it's all said and done (lmao).

Adding on to this, I currently have a new SP5.. would it be easy to modify it (legally, of course) to accept the trigger pack or make it so I can put the registered sear into the gun?

Eventually, once the dust settles and my bank account recovers, I would like to add a belt fed. I am not a rich guy, but like most on here, passionate and make sacrifices to get these guns... so a full safe full of hosts is really not an option at first, gotta save and add as time goes. Quite frankly, I'm lucky to have the money to get a gun and HK sear after about 10 years of saving up. So how much is a good, reliable belt fed host? 21E or 23E? Doesn't need to be HK, but a MM would suffice.

Also, ease of moving the sear is a concern of mine. I guess once I have it I will learn.. but I don't have anyone I know locally that can help me along the way, and that kind of concerns me. Nothing like having about $37K invested in something and it won't run because you F'd it up!!

Thanks for reading and providing input... and accepting the fact that I'm really new and some of my questions are basic. I have to start somewhere! I'm hoping that in no time, I'll be the one helping out the newb!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    First off, this forum has been an amazing resource for helping me on my journey into buying a registered MP5, either a RR, sear, trigger pack, etc., but I am still a newb and feel like I still have a lot of questions.

I started looking at Registered recievers because of pricing, but am now thinking of going to a registered sear with a host gun. With a Genuine HK gun (converted HK94), it looks like I'm going to be in at a certain price point (Let's say $37-38K).

I really want to start out with a host in hand that I know works, to me it just helps to know I have the first one out of the way and that I can hit the range the day I get my stamp approved.

Should I get an MP5 or MP5K first? It appears that the K's are about $1K more as hosts? The MP5 is more attractive as a range gun, the K is just bad ass looking.. so I agree I need both eventually. Is the K version really worth $1K more as a host gun though? I can only afford 1 host at first and it may take a while to afford a second host.

If I get a MP5K first, how much would it cost to get a MP5 host also? It appears that the new SP5's have softened host prices (why pay $8K for a HK94 conversion when you can get a SP5 for $2800 and modify it?). A HK MP5 host seems like a must.. while I may obtain a clone to be a range shooter.. what are the best options for the price?

Let's say I get this gun, for example (only an example, not buying from this dealer (FYI):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0684_2124860_Fleming_Firearms_HK_-_0012x.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	248644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0684_2124860_Fleming_Firearms_HK_-_0022x.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	248646

Being that I don't know much at this point, is it possible to just take the gun apart and remove the trigger pack (with the registered sear), then drop the trigger pack into a MP5? With this exact gun, what are my options w/o digging into the pack to remove the sear? While I know I can remove the sear, I'm still kind of new and not sure until I get to know what I'm doing and it sure would be nice to be able to "drop the pack in" to a few host guns and go. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

I don't know anyone around me that can help, so my journey will be a learn as you go experience, and I kind of fear that I will start messing around by pulling the sear out and then not having even one running gun when it's all said and done (lmao).

Adding on to this, I currently have a new SP5.. would it be easy to modify it (legally, of course) to accept the trigger pack or make it so I can put the registered sear into the gun?

Eventually, once the dust settles and my bank account recovers, I would like to add a belt fed. I am not a rich guy, but like most on here, passionate and make sacrifices to get these guns... so a full safe full of hosts is really not an option at first, gotta save and add as time goes. Quite frankly, I'm lucky to have the money to get a gun and HK sear after about 10 years of saving up. So how much is a good, reliable belt fed host? 21E or 23E? Doesn't need to be HK, but a MM would suffice.

Also, ease of moving the sear is a concern of mine. I guess once I have it I will learn.. but I don't have anyone I know locally that can help me along the way, and that kind of concerns me. Nothing like having about $37K invested in something and it won't run because you F'd it up!!

Thanks for reading and providing input... and accepting the fact that I'm really new and some of my questions are basic. I have to start somewhere! I'm hoping that in no time, I'll be the one helping out the newb!
    youre going to get a ton of opinions here's mine after doing what youre about to do

get a sear, preferably in a mp5(hk94) host that runs, IF NOT get a sear then a german gun and have TSC or Jeff time/install.

enjoy the gun with the least amount of problems. get the mp5 before the k

DONT waste time with clones-just DONT

afa as the sear, once its installed in a pack it can be dropped into other guns(housings) easily. One thing you can't do is a sef pack into a ambi housing. just get a sef pack to start then get other guns, then worry about ambi packs later.

sp5s can be modified (how is still up in the air), if you get a sear now, by the time you get it they will have all the atf BS worked out, but i would still get a "shooter" 94 to start.

from there you can get other guns.

AFA as the beltfed, the cheapest would be to find a used TSC built german or fmp 21. They are not as nice as the 21/23es but they are cheaper and usually more reliable.

as a WARNING clone beltfeds can be a huge mess. tolerances/heat treating/ and how they are built can make or break your gun.
    If you buy one, MAKE SURE YOU TEST IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

Cloners have produced many **** guns and it sucks having spent 15k+ on a junk gun.
    My advice, buy something TSC has built. realize there are basically zero parts kits left and it will be a premium.

If you have to get a clone, I recommend researching them extensively. And don't do it on just this forum as its very biased.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

PM sent
    Congrats on your decision and welcome to the club (or soon to be)!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0684_2124860_Fleming_Firearms_HK_-_0012x.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	248644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0684_2124860_Fleming_Firearms_HK_-_0022x.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	248646

@Triggerfish Here.....I just saved you $7K-$8K. You can thank me later.....and if you're married...….don't tell your wife I did it.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pisto...-30-000-a.html
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I mostly agree with TaylorWSO's advice. The area I would differ is on the sef pack. Unless you find someone selling the sear locally its going to get transferred in and sit in a dealers safe all lonely. That is the time to have a dealer send it out on a repair order to be installed and timed correctly in a pack. Personally I'd go 4 position ambi pack(safe, semi, burst(2 or3), and full). The burst packs are starting to get harder to find so the time to act is now. A 2 round burst pack can easily be converted to a 3 round as the wheel can be modified.

On the pack some will say they prefer sef or just an ambi pack. I prefer the ambi(I'm a south paw) and the burst is great for new shooters. I let people shoot my stuff all the time at public and private shoots or just on the private ranges I'm a member of. Its really nice to let someone who hasn't shot full auto get a quick feel with a burst so they can't walk the gun too far. I like the burst pack too for swapping hammer springs. Some get by with a single spring but I've found best results with the 9mm burst spring for 9mm, 10mm and 5.56. The 308 spring for 5.56 and 308 and an extra heavy spring for the 21.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Im a lowly clone guy, albeit a quality clone guy. Love me some nice quality pistol clone hosts to run on full auto to my hearts content. Not sure Id have the nads to run an all German MP5 SBR host like a raped ape, toss it around the table or range bag, be willing to let newbies fondle it, etc. $2.5k for a nice gently used Dakota Tactical german parts kit pistol build MP5 vs an SBR all German TSC dream machine is an easy choice for me...save about double to quadruple the price and have just as much fun with it, with no operational headaches, nor the fear of a few scratches and dents. Just stay away from the hit or miss type clones.

Its all personal preference and where YOU want to spend your money.The great thing about the HK (sear) platform is that your options are seemingly endless. You can spend lots for top tier stuff and know you have the best of the best, go for the middle of the road quality german parts kit builds and still have plenty of quality options and dead nuts reliability, or even have fun on smartly vetted budget buys and not worry about running them ragged. There is no one answer, just a lot of fun options and experiences awaiting. Enjoy!
    Last edited by TallPine; 01-03-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    Brad4065 and Triggerfish like this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm going to go against the grain, and say clones can be a great way to save money (or, more likely, spend the same but have more hosts). There is nothing stopping you from getting a Gucci host, and also getting craptastic cheap hosts. With the availability of new HK hosts at 'reasonable' prices, I wouldn't go for a high-end custom build... just get an HK...and a pile of other cheap clones.

Once your sear is set up in a pack, and once you have grip housings 'fit' to each gun, it's super easy to swap the trigger pack around (swapping ejectors as needed). I say maximize your host options by having a few cheap ones in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess it all depends on how much loot you want to spend. I've got a German MP5K/SP89 that came with my sear. It's kind of cool as if you remove the offending parts it is a pistol and not a SBR,that is not the case with German MP5/HK94. You would have to register the MP5/HK94 as a SBR to divorce the sear to use it in other hosts. It's also cool to have a German gun that runs like a top, that can not be said for all clones some which require some tinkering.

However, there are some high quality clones out there that run great. If you already have a SP5, I'd probably not look for a MP5 as my first gun as "they" are working on acceptable ways to make it run with a sear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a sear in a trigger pack. Many advised against burst packs just cause of complexity. Not really much of a need for a sear to be timed IMO. Only recommendation is to buy an extra extractors. Either 308 or 9mm as spare and also change out to riffle hammer spring (works for all calibers). If you have the extra funds to buy HK hosts then so be it, but for me I bought all clones. Specifically PTR 9ct, 105, 32. The 9ct is a mp5 that's sear ready and rock n roll out of the box. the 105 (hk-51) is an 8" 308 and all i did was purchase a FA carrier for it and it runs excellent and makes lots of noise. The 32 is a full size hk-91 chambered in 7.62x39. All I did was buy a FA carrier for that. I did have problems with the FA carrier being out of spec. PTR is currently looking at the gun and the FA carrier to get it to work right. It seems the FA carrier is to tall by .009". PTR sent a UPS label and off it went. Should have it back in couple of weeks. Many pay a higher price for (mp5)zeneith/POF/Dakota and many of those are not sear ready and costs extra to get them ready for FA. the new SP5 needs some work to get FA as well on top of the $2500 price. I don't want to buy an expensive HK host to shoot the snot out of and use and abuse them. I'm not rich. lol. The extra $$ spent on HK hosts vs clones can be spent on ammo! And my last point for PTR is that they carry a lifetime warranty. PERIOD. and their CS is top notch. My. 02. Bout the only other hosts i will buy for my sear is for sure the ptr-9kt (mp5k) and eventually a MM21/23 or and HK21/23. Even the clone MM is $15K+ lol.
    Last edited by Charlie0369; 01-05-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for everyone's advice, I very much appreciate it.

It's been somewhat difficult to find just an HK Sear in stock on a form 3 to purchase. The gun/sear combos also appear to be priced too high being that sears have come down a little in price and we now have SP5's that will make incredible host guns.

Not giving up though. :)

Lets talk HK Sear host options and prices please-db_hk_sear3.gif
    Last edited by Triggerfish; 01-05-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links