SP5 to MP5-N conversion - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: SP5 to MP5-N conversion

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    NFA legal discussion is a slippery slope on message boards... Here's my fuel to the fire of how that action might be considered non-compliant: There is precedent of NFA branch determining that if you have SBRed a into a new rifle, when you "remove it from the registry" you must convert it to a compliant Title 1 rifle, not just back to a pistol. The "once a rifle, always a rifle" determination. There's a similar rule with transferable machineguns. If you had a legal registered receiver push pin MP5 and decided you didn't want it anymore, you can't just take out the sear, put on a pencil barrel and convert your pushpin back to the HK94 shelf, you have to destroy the receiver, because "once a machinegun, always a machinegun." You can't create a new MG, but luckily you can still create a new title 1 rifle. (before someone says it: married vs unmarried sear/receiver is a whole other can of worms)
    The "once a rifle, always a rifle" would apply if I started with a rifle to begin with. If I start with a pistol, I can build it into a rifle and then back to a pistol, and then back to a rifle every day if I want. Isn't the NFA just grand?
    rickj1nd likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    NFA legal discussion is a slippery slope on message boards... Here's my fuel to the fire of how that action might be considered non-compliant: There is precedent of NFA branch determining that if you have SBRed a into a new rifle, when you "remove it from the registry" you must convert it to a compliant Title 1 rifle, not just back to a pistol. The "once a rifle, always a rifle" determination. There's a similar rule with transferable machineguns. If you had a legal registered receiver push pin MP5 and decided you didn't want it anymore, you can't just take out the sear, put on a pencil barrel and convert your pushpin back to the HK94 shelf, you have to destroy the receiver, because "once a machinegun, always a machinegun." You can't create a new MG, but luckily you can still create a new title 1 rifle. (before someone says it: married vs unmarried sear/receiver is a whole other can of worms)

Back on track though, @LBTac looks like he did a nice job on the refinish and the shelf! So the shelf is compatible with all of the HK9x series clipped and pinned housings?
    Correct..compatible with all HK9x series C/P housings

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post
    The "once a rifle, always a rifle" would apply if I started with a rifle to begin with. If I start with a pistol, I can build it into a rifle and then back to a pistol, and then back to a rifle every day if I want. Isn't the NFA just grand?
    Correct
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 02-24-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    DAS likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That non standard shelf and the carrier block is why I'm not getting one of the new ones. I've been picking up older IGF guns that seem to being sold below cost in the panic resulting from his meltdown. In the day his work was second to none. The ones I have were rolled on Turkish flats and the welds are prettier than even my older HK. Just a thought for all of you. They all came with fa carriers, no blocks of any kind and a HK spec semi shelf which is useful to me as a 07/02.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_From_Accounting View Post
    Still using the stock shelf?

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA, HK45T Light LEM, Mark 23 90's era, no lockout, P30L v3, P30L Light LEM, USP .45 Elite
    rrMP5 SEF select fire - Flemming from a 94
    IGF MP5 SBR - now a post sample
    IGF HK33 pistol - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 SD pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    TSC MP5K N pistol from a German SP89 - now a post sample
    bunch of suppressors
    other NFA machine guns
    07/02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links