HK36 Full Auto Conversion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK36 Full Auto Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks sweersa, this is what I'm looking for. I'm an 07/02 so all is legal in what I'm doing.
    sweersa likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not an expert by any means but one concern that I have is the receiver strength when doing this with a conversation. I have seen posts on here which suggest that because of the plasti-weld work needed to give a factory sl-8 receiver the correct “look” that even the manufactures admit these guns, while safe for normal use, are not recommended for hard use which is exactly what I would think a f/a conversation would present. Just a thought to consider and I am sure Mr. Bostic would weigh in if consulted about the conversion.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    Not an expert by any means but one concern that I have is the receiver strength when doing this with a conversation. I have seen posts on here which suggest that because of the plasti-weld work needed to give a factory sl-8 receiver the correct “look” that even the manufactures admit these guns, while safe for normal use, are not recommended for hard use which is exactly what I would think a f/a conversation would present. Just a thought to consider and I am sure Mr. Bostic would weigh in if consulted about the conversion.
    I believe he is asking about modifying a T36 despite saying a semiauto G36. So, plastic welding isn’t a factor. Plastic welding, however, approaches the strength of the injection molding when welds are done well. Ever notice how there really aren’t any threads about people’s plastic welded conversions cracking? We are about a decade into those conversions being performed and there is approximately 1,000 of them in the wild. If someone wanted to convert an SL8 fuse job to FA it would hold up just fine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    If someone wanted to convert an SL8 fuse job to FA it would hold up just fine.
    I agree with you. Although Tbostic says his conversions "are not recommended for duty use." Take that as you will.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

He has liability concerns as well. There was the discussion of a USC to UMP conversion that was made as a post sample. It had more than 10k rounds through it and there were no failures. The UMP walls are much thinner than the G36. If there were going to be issues with the welds then that is where you would see it.
    flybynt likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are stupid simple to convert. Some plastic in the back of the receiver needs to be removed to fit the auto carrier. Then the front two ears of the trigger pack need some removed to fit into the semi receiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links