Modified MK-9k Suppressor
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Modified MK-9k Suppressor

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Default Modified MK-9k Suppressor

Awhile ago I promised a member here I would send him a pic of the MK-9k suppressor I had shortened to 6 inches
    once I had the time to go looking for the 3 lug mount. I wasn't sure I brought it with me. Well, I did and since
    I thought that other MP5k-PDW owners with an interest in stubby fat suppressors for their k's might like to see it
    as well I am posting the pic here.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Would be interesting to get together sometime to compare my stock MK-9k to your stubbie:)
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Honestly Chuck... I just don't know how I feel about that. To each his own though, I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looks nice I guess, but I just can't see myself butchering a AWC suppressor.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I should of mentioned that I bought a new MK-9k a couple of years ago, so I have two. I thought since I had two, maybe I should do something
    with the older one. That's when I came across a thread on the AR15 suppressor page about this modification to the MK-9k. It keeps the
    idea of a tube within a tube but the inner tube can be disassembled for cleaning.
    Last edited by HkCHUCK; 02-25-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Awhile ago I promised a member here I would send him a pic of the MK-9k suppressor I had shortened to 6 inches
    once I had the time to go looking for the 3 lug mount. I wasn't sure I brought it with me. Well, I did and since
    I thought that other MP5k-PDW owners with an interest in stubby fat suppressors for their k's might like to see it
    as well I am posting the pic here.

Chuck I so always look forward to your posts. IMHO it looks great and I might just do that with the GSL Phoenix I am considering picking up. It also makes me wonder if they would do that at the factory as a special order. I also love the look of that Shield SMS optic, but I wonder if an RMR might fit on their base/mount. This post has spurred me to do a bit more digging on those queries.

I also love that you made effectively have a RS with a stock K recoil rod. I wish those stock adapters were not so hard to come by. If you know of any or have an extra one let me know.

As always nice seeing your projects come to fruition, take care Chuck!
    caf82313 likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

flybynt:

The mods were done by Curtis Tactical a custom suppressor manufacturer near Dayton, Ohio. I had them put spanner wrench holes in both
    end caps as I find the end caps on suppressors difficult to remove. I also favor a small dome like effect on the end of the suppressor so I had
    them incorporate that feature as well.

Here is a link to their web page.
    https://curtistactical.com/index.html
    Last edited by HkCHUCK; 02-25-2020 at 01:43 AM.
    flybynt likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    I might just do that with the GSL Phoenix I am considering picking up. It also makes me wonder if they would do that at the factory as a special order.
    May as well just buy the Curtis Tactical CT9KS as it has lots o advantages, all stainless and Ti, threaded baffles, so there’s no inner tube, etc...
    https://m.facebook.com/9497353751097...2595601156997/

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

This is a new product from Curtis Tactical. Six months ago when they did the batch of MK-9k re-cores
    it did not exist. I guess the work they did then convinced them that they needed a new product.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Interesting.

I think I would modify it to put the 3-lug coupler inside the can, so that can is closer to the receiver. Kind like the mod Doc Dater did for the Uzi using the Uzi BBL nut.

Curtis does great work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links