KAC new production suppressor or AAC Ti-Rant for Mark 23? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: KAC new production suppressor or AAC Ti-Rant for Mark 23?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    How do you clean a sealed can?!?!?
    Keep shooting it. .45 isn't as filthy as .22lr and doesn't leave as much carbon on the baffles that it actually NEEDS cleaning. If you wanted to, you can run a brush through it since its all stainless steel it will even take the "dip", but again its not necessary. The piston comes out and can be cleaned like new which is where most of the gunk is going to be after shooting anyways. There's record of a KAC can with over 250k rounds through it and its still going strong. It's got built up carbon in it and heavier than a new one but who's shooting 250k rounds of .45 acp??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Neither. The KAC one is way too old and expensive. You can't clean it, and like others said, you can only use it on HK guns. I have the Tirant and don't like the design of how the baffles vent into tube. It builds up carbon which nearly glues the baffles in place and I have to use a wooden dowel to hammer the baffle stack out. I would look at something more modern.
    What do you think of Dead Air and Rugged Obsidian?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxed View Post
    What do you think of Dead Air and Rugged Obsidian?
    Both great options!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have two more months or so to wait, but I'll be putting a Griffin Armament Revolution 45 on the end of my Mark 23 soon! I'll have to report back afterwards!
    HK VP9, P2000SK 9mm, P2000 9mm, 45c, USP 45 SS (sold), P30L, Mark 23 & PCS 9
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I would be very careful dealing with NWA. They will tell you yes we it in stock. After you pay, oh no we just sold that one. But we will have another one very soon. Six months later, oh it should not be long now. Since you paid you are on the top of the list when we get one in. If you ask about canceling, then no we special ordered one for you and we can’t cancel it. So Nine months later. Sure it won’t be much longer. Yes we show them in stock on our website and on gunbroker. That’s because we are a premium stocking KAC dealer and we will have them soon.

BS BS BS

Call and email to cancel the order. No we cannot cancel the order. No way, no matter what you do.

Get the credit card company involved because of multiple email promises and non delivery.

Okay. We will cancel you order and refund your money.

Just my first hand experience.

I have the Ti-Rant 45 and most of the pistons. It is great.

I have the KAC for the USP 45-T. It is good. I do not believe it is drastically better than the Ti-rant. But it is the Cool factor

I also have the KAC MK23 in ATF jail. Just a couple of more months. Yes the MARK 23 and the KAC MK23 were made for each other.

If you can afford more than one, I suggest getting both.

Doc
    freeride1, AGG, Brad4065 and 2 others like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

How do you clean a sealed can?!?!?
    Why are you cleaning a centerfire can? If you feel the need some carbon cutter works fine.

I have a bunch of cans, If you want the KAC buy it. There isn't anything else that will scratch that itch. It's a quiet can with very low back pressure, I prefer it to most of the modern designs.
    D9M9TR9S and AGG like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with what you said about nwa. They say in stock and purchase with credit card online. Then call you and say out of stock and need money order or cashiers check to order one for you because they don’t accept credit cards for nfa items. After reading some reviews about people prepaying and not getting item I did not go through with the deal. They even had an invoice ready that stated at bottom 1/3rd down payment or if you pay in full your order is more prioritized. Sounds like scam to get you to cough up even more money with no security of using a credit card. Nwa tactical/ knesek guns same people. Same bs
    AGG and Brad4065 like this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

If you have the funds, then KAC--- which was built specifically for the Mark 23!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grant435 View Post
    I agree with what you said about nwa. They say in stock and purchase with credit card online. Then call you and say out of stock and need money order or cashiers check to order one for you because they don’t accept credit cards for nfa items. After reading some reviews about people prepaying and not getting item I did not go through with the deal. They even had an invoice ready that stated at bottom 1/3rd down payment or if you pay in full your order is more prioritized. Sounds like scam to get you to cough up even more money with no security of using a credit card. Nwa tactical/ knesek guns same people. Same bs
    I have no experience with this company, OP, so I would defer to the experience of the members who have. Sounds like you might want to wait for KAC to put out another batch if you decide to go that direction. Thanks for the heads up Grant and Doc.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Couldnt you clean the KAC with a sonic cleaner or something or just blast water through it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links