• 1 Post By TheColtCollector
  • 1 Post By VX666
  • 1 Post By gulfstategaurd

Thread: FTE on MP5 sear gun

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default FTE on MP5 sear gun

Only about 150 rounds since sear was installed in burst pack. After stopage the bolt carrier was stuck in rearward position. When I disassembled and pulled the trigger pack the cause was apparent. Any ideas what happened here? I was told my ejector was an old style and I probably needed to replace it but I never did. I don't know if that had something to do with it. Ran fine for rest of the day.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had a burst pack with my sear and it continually had problems, occasionally this happened. I downgraded myself to a SEF pack and never looked back.
    caf82313 likes this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well that's not helpful

Ejector and trip lever seem worn badly. Bent out of shape. This is a precision german area(tm) btw
    gulfstategaurd likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Check your extractor spring and extractor. I would suspect your extractor let go the casing after it had cleared the chamber, maybe had a bad interaction with your ejector and instead of sending the casing into orbit dropped it where the returning bolt and carrier crushed it against the back of the mag.

I agree with VX here. Your issue may just be your extractor spring is tired and your ejector is slightly out of spec. I am sure the carrier crushing the casing into the ejector wasnt healthy for it either and it is worth swapping it out. That trip looks like Maxwell and his silver hammer were busy on it. Time to do a little refurb and swap worn parts.
    VX666 likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Geez I wish I hadn't cheaped out and just paid $800 for a new burst group instead of sourcing a used one. Now that I think about it, my bolt carrier group is out of a cut up LE MP5 so I really don't know any history of the extractor or extractor spring. All the components of the bolt group look like new, though.
    That trip looks like Maxwell and his silver hammer were busy on it.
    Ha ha ha ha!
    I'm going to buy a new ejector and trip lever. Anyone ever replaced a trip lever? The ejector is no big deal but I'm not very confident tearing apart a burst pack. I suppose extractor and extractor spring as well.

Sponsored Links