Going to SBR my HK93 do I convert it to 33k or 53?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Going to SBR my HK93 do I convert it to 33k or 53?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Going to SBR my HK93 do I convert it to 33k or 53?

I like the looks of the 53 and understand it will not be as accurate and may have more recoil than the 33k

but the real question I have heard about ammo reliability problems with the 53

what do most guys think 33k or 53 or just buy a Zenith 43P pistol and put a wrist brace on it

thanks in Advance...I know first world problems to have in light of everything else going on

Mike

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

If it's already going to be an SBR, go for the 53. I have a 53 I built from a 93 and an all German 53 kit. It runs flawlessly, with and without a sear. The recoil won't be noticeably different, and it's still only a 5.56 anyways. It's not going to be close to a .308. Accuracy depends more on whether or not you have a scope on it than barrel length. The longer sight radius of the 93 will make it only very slightly more accurate with the aperture sights, but put a scope on it and they'll both be as accurate as YOU are. I don't have a 33K, but I have a 91, and a G3K, and they both shoot about the same, and the barrel length differences will be the same as the 93k vs 53. Anecdotal - I almost always take my 53 when we go shooting. I haven't taken a 93 out since I built the 53.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I got a 93 and thought I was done, but got bit by the 53 bug so grabbed a 53 front end and sent it to TSC. It runs flawlessly, it’s loud, I have put a can on it recently and it’s still loud...lol. I picked up another 93 with the intention of doing a 33k conversion and making it a suppressor host. I got lucky and grabbed the last 33k front end from Gatewood. There’s 33k parts kits floating around though. 53 front ends and barrels are probably easier to find than 33k barrels, so I’d say do the 53. You’ll have both eventually. Obligatory pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going to SBR my HK93 do I convert it to 33k or 53?-702f7229-0533-4844-af27-0902806d6266_1585022562016.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterMass1911 View Post

I like the looks of the 53 and understand it will not be as accurate and may have more recoil than the 33k

but the real question I have heard about ammo reliability problems with the 53

what do most guys think 33k or 53 or just buy a Zenith 43P pistol and put a wrist brace on it

thanks in Advance...I know first world problems to have in light of everything else going on

Mike
    Pretty much what @AviatorDave and @Bestiller said. I will add to what they said, and simply say the 53 is one of my favorites.

However......you need to go ahead now and file your paperwork for a suppressor. They are loud as f$ck. The increased recoil
    isn't noticeable and accuracy......well out to 200 yds I don't seem to have any problems suppressed.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bestiller View Post
    I got a 93 and thought I was done, but got bit by the 53 bug so grabbed a 53 front end and sent it to TSC. It runs flawlessly, it’s loud, I have put a can on it recently and it’s still loud...lol. I picked up another 93 with the intention of doing a 33k conversion and making it a suppressor host. I got lucky and grabbed the last 33k front end from Gatewood. There’s 33k parts kits floating around though. 53 front ends and barrels are probably easier to find than 33k barrels, so I’d say do the 53. You’ll have both eventually. Obligatory pic
    What all did you need from the 33k front end other than the barrel?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I have both a 33K and a 53. The 53 is loud but I think recoils less. Both run flawlessly in FA. Of course I run good ammo, mostly LC Green Tip.

On my 33K I bought a German front end from one of the forum vendors and TSC did the rest.

The 53 required a kit which TSC supplied.

Both were built on HK93 donor guns and both were SBR'd by TSC.

I will also say that I have been super happy with MM's work and I'm sure they could execute your build in fine fashion.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Done Deal HK 53 it will be Thanks for the advice

The Saco HK 93 import I have does not have a Buffered Stock

which I will need for the 53 Build

so I just posted in WANTED TO BUY HK PARTS AND ACCESSORIES

Thread: WTB Buffered Stock for HK 53 Build Prefer an A3 but will take a buffered A2

please respond there or PM me if you know where I can obtain one

Thank you in advance

Mike
    Last edited by CenterMass1911; 03-24-2020 at 08:34 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_From_Accounting View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestiller View Post
    What all did you need from the 33k front end other than the barrel?
    A #3 LP, full auto bolt depending on if you have a sear, and the last 33k parts kit I saw had the A3 stock, which alone made it worth going that route

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Hk91.

It's my understanding none of those things are included in the typical front end kit.

My motivation for asking is I'm considering a 33k myself.

Assuming a 1:7 twist hk93 donor I'm under the impression I have three options:

1. RCM barrel
    2. Cutdown 93 barrel
    3. Factory 33k barrel via front end cut.
    Last edited by Carl_From_Accounting; Yesterday at 02:34 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_From_Accounting View Post
    @Hk91.

It's my understanding none of those things are included in the typical front end kit.

My motivation for asking is I'm considering a 33k myself.

Assuming a 1:7 twist hk93 donor I'm under the impression I have three options:

1. RCM barrel
    2. Cutdown 93 barrel
    3. Factory 33k barrel via front end cut.
    Sorry I misunderstood, I thought we were talking about a complete parts kit. If you have a 1x7 barrel, I’d either have it cut down by someone like TSC machine, which would be the cheapest option and just as good.
    Otherwise the factory 33k barrel and selling your 1x7 barrel is also a good choice.

Personally I would never put a RCM barrel on a German gun, no matter how good they are.

You’ve already got the 1x7 barrel, that’s the hard part, just have it cut down unless you’re a purist and want a “real” 33k barrel, but I don’t know if it’s worth the money if you don’t need it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links