Anyone want to school me on HK transferable?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone want to school me on HK transferable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone want to school me on HK transferable?

Hey, feeling some pressure to get another transferable as prices steadily rise. Really really want a ramo M2HB but I think an mp5 is more reasonable for the same price range. I’d say the general budget is 27-35k. Can anyone chime in on things to know in the HK department? Should I be looking at something else? Do all the HKs use a registered sear I can move from gun to gun or are some auto receivers like an m16. I also see references to the auto sear, and auto trigger pack, and registered receiver. Do all of those allow the auto capability to be moved from gun to gun?

I know I know, google, but if anyone had any advice to help I would appreciate it

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baiselmareo6 View Post
    Hey, feeling some pressure to get another transferable as prices steadily rise. Really really want a ramo M2HB but I think an mp5 is more reasonable for the same price range. I’d say the general budget is 27-35k. Can anyone chime in on things to know in the HK department? Should I be looking at something else? Do all the HKs use a registered sear I can move from gun to gun or are some auto receivers like an m16. I also see references to the auto sear, and auto trigger pack, and registered receiver. Do all of those allow the auto capability to be moved from gun to gun?

I know I know, google, but if anyone had any advice to help I would appreciate it
    The link @straightgrain posted, I recommend reading it at least three times for everything to sink in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- there is also this, describing the types/manufacturers:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...ck-thread.html

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Anyone want to school me on HK transferable?

Read the reference material, but my TL:DR is buy a sear. It moves from gun to gun and you can do everything from MP5 to belt-fed.

Registered receiver means 2 things typically, but in both cases they don’t move from gun to gun, you have that one registered receiver. The good type of registered receiver is a “double push pin” or “swing down lower” which both mean the gun was converted by adding a front push-pin hole back in the day. This was expensive and somewhat rare, but you get the closest thing to a factory gun in a transferable. The less (some say least) desirable registered receiver has some kind of unserialized conversion sear or trip, but this can’t be moved and the whole gun is a “collection of parts” that make up a MG.

The third option is a trigger box conversion with DLO the most common (but still rare compared to sears). These have the front of a full-auto trigger box machined away to fit over a semi-auto shelf. They move from gun to gun, but have to be cut for use in a belt-fed and if you want to make them Ambi-style quite a bit of work needs to be done on them, i.e. cutting and machining.

For your budget, you can afford any of these options. I have recently seen host HK guns with sears for 30-32k.

ETA: Both sears and non-pushpin registered receiver guns need a modified hammer for best performance. This is because they use semi-auto trigger boxes or packs and the place a factory HK MG has its sear is cut away to fit over the semi shelf. This means the sear sits “back and high” and that changes the hammer engagement point. A modified hammer fixes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GPSIG; 03-28-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    oberlin1 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree that reading the link above is enlightening and very detailed, more so that what I'm about to say.

I think to give you the quick answer you seek is probably to read the above and add this:
    Things to know about transferable HK's:
    1. Sear guns - guns that the sear can be moved from caliber to caliber (as the sear itself is the M/G) with some modifications to the ejector lever and hammer spring.
    A. It should be noted that there were several different manufacturers of registered sears and each one is unique in it's design and geometry within the packs.
    2. Clip on Registered Receiver guns- utilize a sear married to the pack and the gun as the paperwork bears that specific serial number of the gun NOT the sear itself. You cannot move this sear to use in any other gun other than the one it's registered to
    3. Double Push Pin Registered Receivers - emulate the full auto factory correct M/G's in that they can and will accept original F/A M/G packs. The gun itself is the M/G and no caliber conversions or movement of the pack is possible for the most part.
    4. Registered Trigger pack frames- they were as memory serves me registered by DLO, very desirable and able to be utilized in different caliber guns much like the transferable sears.

And there are probably some that I've missed mentioning too! The HK M/G thing is complex just as the guns are. LOL

So that said if you desire to have the ability to move the "Registered M/G" part from one gun to another you may wish to focus your attention to Transferrable Registered Sears or Registered Trigger pack frames.

Want a gun as close to a factory M/G as possible get a Double Push Pin single caliber gun.

Just want an HK M/G in a single caliber? Get a clip on Registered Receiver gun.

Reading the link provided above by Straightgrain will give you more insight than I have provided which are barely the "Cliff notes" of this very complex HK M/G world.

Hope this helps and provides some basic information to assist you in your search.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    Read the reference material, but my TL:DR is buy a sear. It moves from gun to gun and you can do everything from MP5 to belt-fed.

this ^^^^^

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Read the referenced material ^^^^^^ then get you a DLO Trigger Pack the Diamond Platinum Standard Best of Both Worlds https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...-housings.html
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Agree! Have been asking for years to have that pinned to the top of the NFA section. It still remains the definative starting point on HK 90 series transferable conversion knowledge. What say you SG... Pin it?

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Done....
    rickj1nd likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links