#28 SP5K Locking piece

Thread: #28 SP5K Locking piece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default #28 SP5K Locking piece

I used the search and could not find the thread to add this to but RTG just notified me the #28 80° locking piece is back in stock. I have a Wolfman in jail and I now have the correct locking piece coming to shoot suppressed. What are the ramifications is one keeps the 80° locking piece installed and shoots the SP5K w/o the suppressor?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TK: there is a great thread posted several years ago by G3Kurz that explains which LP (#28, etc) that is needed depending on the configuration of a MP5K: PDF (with stock or possible a brace) and or utilizing a can. He, Jim, has since passed away. I would suggest you pay close attention to any topics that he had responded to.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKJR View Post
    I used the search and could not find the thread to add this to but RTG just notified me the #28 80° locking piece is back in stock. I have a Wolfman in jail and I now have the correct locking piece coming to shoot suppressed. What are the ramifications is one keeps the 80° locking piece installed and shoots the SP5K w/o the suppressor?
    its fine, but it might not cycle all ammo, but then again why shoot w/o a can?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up on the thread by G3Kurz. I will just wait for the can to get out of jail before I install the #28 LP. It makes sense to just shoot with the can. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm at the same stage you are OP, sorta. Have a few cans already, but my SP5k is currently at TPM getting a BT 3-lug barrel installed. I have a folder that takes the Tailhook brace already and the #28 locking piece from RCM just arrived an hour ago (haven't dissasembled the bolt group yet for install). Once I get the upper back from TPM, I will have the locking piece in the bolt and the Tailhook on the end of it. I plan on shooting only 147gr HST, so I'll report how she runs. I did not measure bolt gap before sending it off but will try to with the new locking piece in when the upper gets back. Hopefully I don't have any gap issues and have to get different rollers to adjust, but we'll see....this project is becoming a cash sink for sure 🙂
    "AHH BUCKLE THIS! LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!!!"

-HK Mark 23, HK USP .45 Tactical, HK USP .45, HK USP 45 Compact SS Slide, HK USP .45 Compact, HK USP .40, HK USP .40 Compact, HK USP 9, HK USP 9 Compact, HK45c, HK P30 .40, HK P2000 9, HK P2000SK LEM V2 .40, HK P30SKS, HK VP9 LE, HK VP40 LE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TKJR View Post
    From the research i read and did it did seem most Ks functioned fine suppressed or unsuppressed with the 80 degree lp i think it was because they were also running a stock or brace as well. If you were to run a K with no suppressor, factory end plate and 115 grain ammo with the 80 lp then you might experience some issues.

Sponsored Links