Trouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack

Thread: Trouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack

I have a Flemming Sear installed in a 4 pos Pack (0,1,2,F) with the standard selector. I decided to take the plunge and spend a ridiculous amount of money on the ESSL from HKPARTS.net
    https://hkparts.net/product/hk-ambid...burst-p126.htm . I can remove the standard selector and replace it with my eyes closed. The new selector Will not rotate past the "1". I do not want to force it, It almost seems like the selector pushed out from the housing when i try to move to the "2" position. Here are some photos. Granted I am no Mike from TSC, but I can swap out a selector. To my untrained eyes, they look the same... If just doesn't seem to fit.... Any Ideas?

Trouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack-selector1.jpgTrouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack-selector2.jpgTrouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack-selector3.jpg
    Last edited by GMANinGA; 04-06-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

With the left selector (the ESSL) out of the pack, put the right selector lever on the end and see if your can press in the locking button (or detent, or plunger) on the right selector lever. This is what captures the right selector. Make sure it goes all the way in. Sounds like the button/detent/plunger might be binding perhaps?
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 04-06-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    With the left selector (the ESSL) out of the pack, put the right selector lever on the end and see if your can press in the locking button (or detent, or plunger) on the right selector lever. This is what captures the right selector. Make sure it goes all the way in. Sounds like the button/detent/plunger might be binding perhaps?
    Thank you for the tips....I tried this several times. It seems like it pops in but as you rotate from "0" to "1" to "2", the right side seems to pop out and the movement of the selector progressively gets more difficult to the point were I was afraid, I would damage the pack if I moved to "2". Here are more pix.. the first Pic is in the istall position (which is actually behind "0". The second photo is in the "1" position. Its almost as it the selector is not square to the cam/shaft.. but its an HK factory part. Thank you for fielding my dumb questions :)

Trouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack-inkedselector4_li.jpgTrouble installing ESSL in Flemming 4 Post Pack-inkedselector5_li.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just had a similar issue with a new German right selector I purchased to swap out on an SP5 Ambi pack. I could get it to lock up on the left selector with some force but it would hardly move when I tried to rotate it. I tried the new right selector on another Ambi pack and everything moved freely. I determined the right selector was binding against the metal frame of the SP5 pack, so I shaved a VERY small amount of metal off the frame where it was binding. The right selector went right on and the selector system moved freely afterward. Not sure if that’s the answer for your situation but it solved my dilemma.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GMANinGA View Post
    Thank you for the tips....I tried this several times. It seems like it pops in but as you rotate from "0" to "1" to "2", the right side seems to pop out and the movement of the selector progressively gets more difficult to the point were I was afraid, I would damage the pack if I moved to "2". Here are more pix.. the first Pic is in the istall position (which is actually behind "0". The second photo is in the "1" position. Its almost as it the selector is not square to the cam/shaft.. but its an HK factory part. Thank you for fielding my dumb questions :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedSelector4_LI.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	255858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedSelector5_LI.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	255860
    1. Don't force the rotation, whatever you do. I know you've said you're being really careful not to force it, continue with that. If you gall the inside of the right selector hole, you'll either have to chase the damage with a file or replace the box.

That being said: What happens if you squeeze the two selectors together with one hand and try to rotate the selector while squeezing the two together? Does it turn smoothly then?

I still think the plunger in the right selector isn't engaging the ESSL correctly.
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 04-07-2020 at 03:29 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I would recommend the "pinching the two levers together" as you try to rotate them approach. This has helped me on the occasion that they don't want to rotate. Good luck.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Player_To_Be_Named... View Post
    I would recommend the "pinching the two levers together" as you try to rotate them approach. This has helped me on the occasion that they don't want to rotate. Good luck.
    Tried that.. Doesn't work.. Screw it.. I may just sell it or see if I can return it... I may call Mike at TSC. He recently converted my SP89 to an MP5K and did an amazing job.. In the past, he fixed my 4 pos pack when a small part inside broke.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm interested in the ESSL if you decide to sell

Sponsored Links