Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Beowulf
  • 1 Post By Mr.Maim

Thread: Surefire 628 and SiCo Hybrid working thanks to Malkoff

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Surefire 628 and SiCo Hybrid working thanks to Malkoff

I picked up an older incandescent 628 forend from another HKProer the other week. I really prefer the 628 to the B&T, but it was always a no go witkoh the suppressor (unless you got the really pricey offset adapter).

Well, thanks to Malkoff and their MDSFFE-1 LED adapter, the problem is solved. The 1 battery length is short enough to allow to the SiCo 3-lug to mount and still clear the Hybrid can. Sure, the light isn't quite as bright as the 2 battery one, but it's way brighter than the incandescent. Only real issue is that with the can on, there is a pie wedge shadow off the top of the light circle. But really plenty of light it still cast around to light up what you need.

GregAB, CaptRex and KeelHaul like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Very nice! I was in the same boat, wanting to run a suppressor and a light. I have a new model SF 628 LMF and it’s a no go with anything, I got the B&T TL99 and it allowed my Octane and Obsidian to Mount but I don’t care for the ergonomics. I then found a Steiner/Laser devices handguard, it was the older incandescent model, which happed to be compatible with SF Scout heads, I first got a Malkoff head and it was great but if I shook the gun or bumped the stock, the light would lose contact with the battery and flicker. I then put a SF Scout head on and it worked perfectly. The Steiner has enough clearance to mount my TP9 suppressor. Now I have 3 MP 5 lighted handguards; ask me how many times I’ve shot suppressed at night....lol...oh well my toilet paper is well protected if the need to shoot an MP5 suppressed at night arises. Obligatory picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surefire 628 and SiCo Hybrid working thanks to Malkoff-a6a4ee3c-7a28-4ede-a90a-5e1b379b7878_1586224011419.jpeg   Surefire 628 and SiCo Hybrid working thanks to Malkoff-1b0a8561-7fa9-4a03-b8b9-09878991018f_1586224030404.png  
    Last edited by Bestiller; 04-07-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bestiller View Post
    Very nice! I was in the same boat, wanting to run a suppressor and a light. I have a new model SF 628 LMF and it’s a no go with anything, I got the B&T TL99 and it allowed my Octane and Obsidian to Mount but I don’t care for the ergonomics. I then found a Steiner/Laser devices handguard, it was the older incandescent model, which happed to be compatible with SF Scout heads, I first got a Malkoff head and it was great but if I shook the gun or bumped the stock, the light would lose contact with the battery and flicker. I then put a SF Scout head on and it worked perfectly. The Steiner has enough clearance to mount my TP9 suppressor. Now I have 3 MP 5 lighted handguards; ask me how many times I’ve shot suppressed at night....lol...oh well my toilet paper is well protected if the need to shoot an MP5 suppressed at night arises. Obligatory picture
    Is there a decent amount of clearance between the suppressor and bulb? I was thinking about one of the Malkoff (or some other aftermarket 1" OD) heads for my Steiner, as I've been wanting a GSL Phoenix (2" OD).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

With the Surefire Scout head on the Steiner and the TP9 suppressor mounted, there’s a sliver of light, enough to fit a couple sheets of paper I guess. The Malkoff head being smaller allows more clearance than the Surefire Scout head. See my above experience with the Malkoff though. Here’s a pic with the TP9 suppressor (1.969”OD) and Malkoff head
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surefire 628 and SiCo Hybrid working thanks to Malkoff-42b7d401-0b81-4a12-86d9-0f150b8443cc_1586228797009.jpeg  

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@Beowulf
    Would that Malkoff head work in the newer SF MP5 handguards ? I’ve been waiting for the single battery SF lm1-b heads to be in stock anywhere and no one seems to have them...edit-just glanced at Malkoff website and it looks like it will work in any Surefire handguard. Damn I’m gonna try and be strong but I’m 99% certain I’m going to have to order one of them and dust the cob webs off my Surefire
    Last edited by Bestiller; 04-07-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@Bestiller

The Malkoff head does indeed fit the newer-gen SureFire Weaponlight foreends. I prefer the newer SF Weaponlight models with the ON-OFF switch in addition to the momentary switch.

Picture just to illustrate the Malkoff head and the SF Weaponlight.

Beowulf likes this.

Sponsored Links