HK 91 to G3K - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK 91 to G3K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you use your HK 91 barrel or one of the RCM barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Hk91. View Post
    Mike received my 91 for G3k conversion last week, so now the wait begins. Mike and Tammy at TSC are the absolute pinnacle of quality, and for an all German gun, TSC is the only way to go for me.

Brownells occasionally has the #18 locking piece in stock, which luckily they had it when I needed it, and then sold out quickly, but be prepared to pay to play. If you don't have a sear, then you can probably save the $350(ish) dollars and put it towards the cost of the build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like the HK 91 twist rate is 1:12 but the G3K is 1:10, Why would Mike say they were the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrains45 View Post
    Thanks sir. I spoke with Mike at TSC and we discussed using the HK91 barrel and he suggested using the HK 91 barrel. He also said the rifling was the same in the RCM barrel.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Looks like the HK 91 twist rate is 1:12 but the G3K is 1:10, Why would Mike say they were the same?
    According to G3kurz the G3K's were made in both twists.

I used an SR9 barrel because I wanted polygonal rifling. But in practical use the twist or rifling really won't make a difference.

If you are using a German host, I would go with the German barrel even cut down. German > anything else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Did you use your HK 91 barrel or one of the RCM barrels?
    Original 91 barrel, I wouldn't personally use a non-German anything on a German gun. You're not going to have any issues with the twist rate I don't believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I took the 1st step. Efiled a form 1 to SBR my HK 91 eventually making it an HK G3K!!!! I have coveted this variant for many years and in a few short months she will be mine. Still deciding on who will do the work, but I know there are a few respected members here that will do a great job. Now in celebration let’s see those G3K’s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I took the 1st step. Efiled a form 1 to SBR my HK 91 eventually making it an HK G3K!!!! I have coveted this variant for many years and in a few short months she will be mine. Still deciding on who will do the work, but I know there are a few respected members here that will do a great job. Now in celebration let’s see those G3K’s.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mine almost never gets shot as I have a 21k. Its an old fleming conversion that was divorced from its sear by the previous owner. At some point it had a 21 heavy barrel installed in it. Previous owner told me that he thought TSC Machine did the install(guy had a lot of guns that Mike did for him over the years) but Mike Woodward said it wasn't him. Mike went through it once I took possession of it.

Friend shooting it a few weeks ago.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The Beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a PWS comp on an AR that is VERY good at taming recoil. What are your thoughts on a comp for a G3K like this one?
    https://hkparts.net/product/pws-fsc-...-15x1-p837.htm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Any compensator makes them a lot louder. Get the conversion done first. Lopping off almost 4 inches of barrel reduces recoil. These do not really do more than push you with the recoil pulse to begin with. Practically speaking unless you are looking to compete with it and want to cut down your time to get back on target it isnt worth the increased noise. When you get it back if you think you want to shell out that hundred go for it. I do not think you really need it. I swapped from my A2 Stock with 21 buttpad and PCS improved buffer to an A3 stock and I am not noticing any change in felt recoil. If tuned right the G3K is a pussycat but I feel that way about my G3 as well.
    freeride1 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links