HK 91 to G3K
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK 91 to G3K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK 91 to G3K

I know there are a few shops out there that can do this conversion. Who does the hive recommend? I've seen Ghillie bear's name before but can't find contact info for him. I've also heard that a different locking piece is recommended, is this required and if so where can I source the locking piece? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ghille is a supporting vendor here and has been for a long time. His business name and section here on HK Pro are listed under PARABELLUM COMBAT SYSTEMS.

https://www.hkpro.com/#/forums/156
    GuntherRommel likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Michaels Machines

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ghillie at PCS. Quality work he stands behind. I can vouch for the G3K he did for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW what is the overall length of a G3K?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Just had Mike at TSC do one for me. Can't say enough good things about it.

He added a few custom touches to meet my needs, including MSG90 tabs so I can utilize a QD mount and an HK21E Clubfoot stock and buffer system that he modified for a G3K.

His paint and markings are second to none. Plenty of great HK smiths out there, but for an all German gun you can't do better than Mike at TSC.

My form 1 says 35.2" for overall length.

As for the locking piece, you may or may not need it. If you are running it semi you almost certainly will not need to change out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Barrel is 12.5 inches, so you need to decide if you want it papered or have an extended flash hider permanently mounted.

RCM sells the #18 locking peice. Some say you may not need it but I used one for my build because I figured HK wouldnt have spent the time developing it unless they saw a need. I figure rhe more things spec to the build the less potential things to go wrong.

The other thing you need to decide is do you want to use the RCM G3k Barrel or have someone cut down the original barrel. The RCM barrel is spec., the cut down you have your original HK barrel but the rifling will not be the right twist for the length.

Its a great platform.

You will also need a G3K length cocking tube for it, (33/93) and a 33/93 length forearm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks sir. I spoke with Mike at TSC and we discussed using the HK91 barrel and he suggested using the HK 91 barrel. He also said the rifling was the same in the RCM barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Barrel is 12.5 inches, so you need to decide if you want it papered or have an extended flash hider permanently mounted.

RCM sells the #18 locking peice. Some say you may not need it but I used one for my build because I figured HK wouldnt have spent the time developing it unless they saw a need. I figure rhe more things spec to the build the less potential things to go wrong.

The other thing you need to decide is do you want to use the RCM G3k Barrel or have someone cut down the original barrel. The RCM barrel is spec., the cut down you have your original HK barrel but the rifling will not be the right twist for the length.

Its a great platform.

You will also need a G3K length cocking tube for it, (33/93) and a 33/93 length forearm.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mike received my 91 for G3k conversion last week, so now the wait begins. Mike and Tammy at TSC are the absolute pinnacle of quality, and for an all German gun, TSC is the only way to go for me.

Brownells occasionally has the #18 locking piece in stock, which luckily they had it when I needed it, and then sold out quickly, but be prepared to pay to play. If you don't have a sear, then you can probably save the $350(ish) dollars and put it towards the cost of the build.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links