Advice for HK SP5 Suppressor ?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Advice for HK SP5 Suppressor ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Advice for HK SP5 Suppressor ?

I just got my HK Sp5 and i would like to get suppressor for it any opinion and advice from people who shoot suppressed would be great. At the moment i am looking into B&T 9mm QD Suppressor . Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I run an Omega 9k on my Zenith. Love it! Excellent size and minimal blowback with the roller lock design.
    Rovertym and jwise like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dead Air Wolfman. Significantly more volume in it's K configuration than an Omega 9K while only being about a .5 inch longer. Plus you have the option of making it longer for max suppression and to impress your friends at the range. With a 3-lug adapter installed you'll be roughly at the same length as the B&T can you mentioned but you'll have significantly more volume for better suppression.

Plus you have the flexibility of shooting it with other calibers if this isn't going to be a dedicated can. From Dead Air's Website:

"Rating:
    5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (When shooting supersonic rifle ammo you must use the KeyMicro brake, semi-auto only rated on supersonic rifle cartridges. Full-auto rated on everything else) .380, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm"
    Last edited by Perdition; 05-03-2020 at 12:06 AM.
    Rovertym, bauerdb and gsyoung54 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Haven’t had a chance to take my SP5 out yet due to the local range being closed, but have tried a number of cans on my Z-5RS. Currently my go-to for 9mm is my DA Wolfman. Rugged Obsidian 9 or 45 would be my next choice.
    Rovertym likes this.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera View Post
    I run an Omega 9k on my Zenith. Love it! Excellent size and minimal blowback with the roller lock design.
    I don't really thing compact size matters too much for me, is there any other benefits other than weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
    Dead Air Wolfman. Significantly more volume in it's K configuration than an Omega 9K while only being about a .5 inch longer. Plus you have the option of making it longer for max suppression and to impress your friends at the range. With a 3-lug adapter installed you'll be roughly at the same length as the B&T can you mentioned but you'll have significantly more volume for better suppression.

Plus you have the flexibility of shooting it with other calibers if this isn't going to be a dedicated can. From Dead Air's Website:

"Rating:
    5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (When shooting supersonic rifle ammo you must use the KeyMicro brake, semi-auto only rated on supersonic rifle cartridges. Full-auto rated on everything else) .380, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm"
    I would definitely look into it, i actually was looking into multi caliber suppressor like Silencerco Hybrid 46 so i can use it on my 7.62 and 9mm rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Haven’t had a chance to take my SP5 out yet due to the local range being closed, but have tried a number of cans on my Z-5RS. Currently my go-to for 9mm is my DA Wolfman. Rugged Obsidian 9 or 45 would be my next choice.
    Thank you , i really like the fact that i can shoot it with other calibers tho , that's a big plus .

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Curtis Tactical CT9KS, more volume than Wolfman in long configuration, but still shorter overall, all stainless and Ti, user serviceable, looks made for SP5...

https://youtu.be/v4Um0VXwlgQ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have tried the wolfman on a friends and it was good, but seemed for me specifically just a bit too big. I prefer the Rugged Obsidian 9. I started with the 45, but that one in its K config was still too long. The 9 IMO is perfect in look and function for both full size and K versions.
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

+1 on the Rugged Obsidian 9, it’s very nice with the 3 lug
    Rovertym likes this.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I have the B&T can that your looking at (3lug QD) and I love it. So much so that I bought another one.
    In my opinion you can’t go wrong with it. I think I got mine from Arms Unlimited for a pretty decent price.
    Rovertym likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have run the Silencerco Octane 9 HD, Obsidian 45 (w/ 9mm end cap) and B&T TP9 (w/ 3 lug adapter) on my SP5. All of them are good at sound suppression but I’d give the nod to the TP9. Obligatory pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice for HK SP5 Suppressor ?-329aa696-9c13-411e-ae1d-8b30471c2728_1588476787046.jpeg  
    Rovertym and Maxfan like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links