gemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?

Thread: gemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default gemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?

not new to NFA, but im after a raptor II for a specific, but dumb reason. pretty sure they have been discontinued, and I haven't had luck chasing down any NOS ones still on form 3s. do these perform or were designed specifically for MP5s? if so what is the specific benefit of this can on an MP5? ive run my omega 9k on a friends post samples and they have a nice tone to them, but from what I can remember it was pretty gassy. I may give up on my dream and form 1 something "close enough" to the look. feedback welcome and appreciated
    No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the f**k a Quarter Pounder is.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s FA rated.
    It can survive 150,000+ rounds.
    If I had my Silencerco Hybrid first, I probably would not have bought it.
    "Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends."

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn’t best fa can I used was a mk9k .

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Gemtech claims they were designed for the MP5 if you believe their FAQ page. I bought mine in May of 2018 from Silencer Shop. It was the last one in stock that they had at that time.

I like the look, but I will admit that there are quieter cans on the market.

-E-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve got an original raptor for an MP5. Have always been very pleased with it.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Actually it was the original Raptor that was designed for the MP5. In testing Dr. Dater discovered that there was no significant db reduction by removing one baffle. So the Raptor II is the shortened version. For me, I bought a Raptor 40. This is a .40 caliber version that was originally designed for the MP5-10. The Raptor 40 is full auto rated for 10mm AUTO. So the Raptor 40 can be used with HK 33-lug 10mm, .40 S&W. With a piston change, the Raptor 40 can also be used with 3-lug 9mm. For just 9mm I prefer the MK9K. Gemtech no longer makes these cans. I have heard that there was another manufacturer making some cans for Gemtech, but I can't remember who. There are so many options now. Good luck with your search.

Scott

ETA GSL is making many of the original Gemtech cans.
    Last edited by scottinthegrove; 06-17-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Found GSL Suppressor site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the replies. my dumb reasoning: im trying to model an MP5 off the gun used in sicario, and they used raptor II dummy cans. I have other pistol cal cans, so that isn't a concern, but I do want to get the raptor if im able to reasonably. im planning to get a GSL phoenix in the fall, if possible.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have a GSL Phoenix in NFA jail at the moment. It took them about two months to ship from the date that I had ordered it. I can't speak from experience but judging from their videos, if you want the quietest can without regards to the size then the Phoenix is the way to go. As for how my LGS owner put it, it's the closest way you'll get to an SD without having to buy one. Their claim of 40db reduction is astonishing. I can't wait to give it a try.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    I have a GSL Phoenix in NFA jail at the moment. It took them about two months to ship from the date that I had ordered it. I can't speak from experience but judging from their videos, if you want the quietest can without regards to the size then the Phoenix is the way to go. As for how my LGS owner put it, it's the closest way you'll get to an SD without having to buy one. Their claim of 40db reduction is astonishing. I can't wait to give it a try.
    I ordered my GSL Phoenix a while ago and had to wait as well since they were fulfilling a government contract. My can is still in jail but I got to finally use it this weekend along with my sear. The can is AMAZING! The can was only warm after a 40 round magazine dump unlike all my other cans. The extra weight up front is nice when going FA. gemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?-20200613_103241-2-.jpggemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?-20200614_113018.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vincentvega6 View Post
    thanks for the replies. my dumb reasoning: im trying to model an MP5 off the gun used in sicario, and they used raptor II dummy cans. I have other pistol cal cans, so that isn't a concern, but I do want to get the raptor if im able to reasonably. im planning to get a GSL phoenix in the fall, if possible.
    The muzzle end of my Raptor II is concave while the can that Benicio del Toro uses on his MP5 is convex.

gemtech raptor II & MP5 owners, is it worth tracking down?-sicario.jpg

Sponsored Links