HK53 First Shots
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Katana88

Thread: HK53 First Shots

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK53 First Shots

Had the opportunity to shoot a HK53 for the first time yesterday. Found it to be more accurate than I thought it would be in semi, considering the short barrel length. Two and three round bursts were easy in full auto, but the muzzle rise and shoulder thump in longer bursts were surprising. I knew these were "issues" prior to shooting it, but it took a much more rigid stance than I was expecting. My colleagues tell me the fireballs were impressive, despite the flash hider! The MP5 really is a pussycat, compared to the HK53. All in all, a fun day at the range.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Katana88 View Post
    Had the opportunity to shoot a HK53 for the first time yesterday. Found it to be more accurate than I thought it would be in semi, considering the short barrel length. Two and three round bursts were easy in full auto, but the muzzle rise and shoulder thump in longer bursts were surprising. I knew these were "issues" prior to shooting it, but it took a much more rigid stance than I was expecting. My colleagues tell me the fireballs were impressive, despite the flash hider! The MP5 really is a pussycat, compared to the HK53. All in all, a fun day at the range.
    Yeah, sight radius has a bigger effect on accuracy than barrel length. With the same cheapest .223 ammo, my HK53 is just accurate as my 178 twist HK93. The 93 will have higher velocities but not accuracy. I’ve had scopes on both as well, accuracy still about the same.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's an interesting observation about sight radius. I do remember thinking how well I could see the front sight post through the "2" rear sight hole, despite the short overall length, even with my old eyes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I just shot my malasian kit that PCS built. 14 inch barrel. I can get two shot bursts fairly easily. At 25 yards, my second round is one foot high and 4 inches to the right. That is with a A3 stock. I think a fixed stock would shrink that some. I really need some full auto training.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The HK53 I shot had an A2 fixed stock. I think that helped with control, as my check (and sometimes eye pro!) was really pressed against where the buttstock curves up to meet the rear of the rifle receiver. Like pretty much everyone else, I think the A3 stock looks way cooler, but the A2 is probably more practical.
    AviatorDave likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Thanks for the report!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Try and really contract your elbows to your sides and abdomen, shoulders and hips squared to the target, not bladed. I took Tom’s MP5 class about a decade or so ago (holy cow, a decade!?!) and we practiced putting all 30 rounds into a 3” circle. It wasn’t from very far, but it required really holding everything in tight. I’ve done it with my 53 too, it’s a little harder, but the same technique applies.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good advice. Thank you!

Sponsored Links