MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

@chillywig unfortunate but sill neat to see this failure, i have never seen one like it. when you are able please post pics of the gun it came out of especially the cocking tube and and inside of the receiver at the top of the trunion area where the carrier nose goes over the top of the trunion.
    @AviatorDave I can only surmise that the op has an undiagnosed trunion failure or warpage somewhere at the top edge/radius and there is a sharp edge and it has impinged the carrier and it cracked after repeated use/beatings.
    Frank in GA. likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have 3 MP5s - fleming built SD, Omega full size, DJ getz RS. The SD is all german parts. The other two clone guns I am not sure but they do not have german markings and date codes

Of the 3 locking pieces I have 2 do not want to go into the german carrier. All three locking pieces slide into the other guns carriers easily

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    @chillywig unfortunate but sill neat to see this failure, i have never seen one like it. when you are able please post pics of the gun it came out of especially the cocking tube and and inside of the receiver at the top of the trunion area where the carrier nose goes over the top of the trunion.
    @AviatorDave I can only surmise that the op has an undiagnosed trunion failure or warpage somewhere at the top edge/radius and there is a sharp edge and it has impinged the carrier and it cracked after repeated use/beatings.
    I know something had to cause it, but I can’t envision what condition could simultaneously generate such force to crack the carrier tube, but still be free enough that the gun still functions.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pictures

MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200616_113852_resized.jpg
    MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200616_114153_resized.jpg
    MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200616_113808_resized.jpg
    MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200616_113821_resized.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The last mag I ran thru it was 30 round FA dump without malfunctions

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The third pic shows that the support tube was extended about 1" and the SD cage looks like a muffler pipe cut and adapted. Not knocking the set up but not like my dealer sample SD for sure. It's almost hard to believe that the gun even cycled with that extension. It almost seems like the bolt carrier was banging up to the cocking support tube, BUUUUUT still does not account for you BC breaking.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What locking piece is that, I can't see the markings? Is it a standard unmarked 100, a marked 115 or 120?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by har1340 View Post
    The third pic shows that the support tube was extended about 1" and the SD cage looks like a muffler pipe cut and adapted. Not knocking the set up but not like my dealer sample SD for sure. It's almost hard to believe that the gun even cycled with that extension. It almost seems like the bolt carrier was banging up to the cocking support tube, BUUUUUT still does not account for you BC breaking.
    Ya its an early 80s Fleming conversion. There are lots about the gun different than a real SD

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregAB View Post
    What locking piece is that, I can't see the markings? Is it a standard unmarked 100, a marked 115 or 120?
    I am not sure, guessing 100. Of the 3 locking pieces I have only one is marked. It says "16" and in another gun

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's not the correct locking piece for the SD you should only be using a 115 "SD" or 120 marked "5"
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywig View Post
    I am not sure, guessing 100. Of the 3 locking pieces I have only one is marked. It says "16" and in another gun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links