MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

16 is used but not needed for the K. You can you a regular LP in the K though and it will affect the ROF. The SD is different. There is a dedicated LP for the SD and it’s so marked. It should not matter that this is a conversation as opposed to a factory gun as it’s needed for the delayed roller lock to reliably cycle suppressed.
    Last edited by AKR*; 06-19-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't tell from the picture, but are there any unusual marks or gouges on the LP? Also, can you take a well lit pic of the inside of the carrier?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Luke 11:21,22--Isaiah 49:24-25
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IAC533 View Post
    I can't tell from the picture, but are there any unusual marks or gouges on the LP? Also, can you take a well lit pic of the inside of the carrier?
    Sorry I missed this...MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-screenshot_20200820-214019_gallery_resized_1.jpgMP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-screenshot_20200820-214104_gallery_resized_1.jpgMP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200820_214515_resized.jpgMP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-20200820_214502_resized.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Doesn’t the bolt head imprint on the face of the bolt carrier indicate the bolt gap was too small or none? Or is that normal from hitting the buffer on recoil?
    Last edited by Mike748; 08-21-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike748 View Post
    Doesn’t the bolt head imprint on the face of the bolt carrier indicate the bolt gap was too small or none? Or is that normal from hitting the buffer on recoil?
    I think the bolt imprint is an indication of no gap. To help trouble shoot my ejection problem I swapped bolts around. One of the bolts had -4 rollers - which I did not know at the time. I think it took the gap to 0 and beat up the bolt carrier. The imprint likely also caused some deformity of the bolt carrier and would explain why the locking piece did not want to come out of the carrier

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I have ordered a replacement carrier, SD locking piece and some -2 and -4 rollers to try and close what looked like too much bolt gap. Putting the minus rollers did not close the bolt gap. So after some research here I am seeing my new carrier is hitting the trunion. I assume the old one was too. I keep looking at the receiver and can't tell if there are small cracks in the rail recesses or just the paint is cracked. Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

MP5 blues - broken carrier and stuck locking piece-screenshot_20200917-112736_gallery.jpg

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chillywig View Post
    So I have ordered a replacement carrier, SD locking piece and some -2 and -4 rollers to try and close what looked like too much bolt gap. Putting the minus rollers did not close the bolt gap. So after some research here I am seeing my new carrier is hitting the trunion. I assume the old one was too. I keep looking at the receiver and can't tell if there are small cracks in the rail recesses or just the paint is cracked. Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200917-112736_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	272940
    Where is it hitting? And who built it ?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In the pic I posted today the carrier is touching the trunion. Also in the pics I posted up above on 8-20 you can see some shiney spots on the old carrier where it was hitting the trunion. This is a Fleming converted 94 into a SD

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Maybe a round loaded way beyond spec. had so much pressure, it just cracked the BC? Something anything.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chillywig View Post
    Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

Kinda feel like I am on a path less traveled by most. If anyone has advice I would like to hear it?

Gun is a fleming converted 94 to SD - it is not a real SD. Also the gun is a 2 stamper. Sear and can. No stand alone SBR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links