PTR lower Conversion?

Thread: PTR lower Conversion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR lower Conversion?

Curious to know if this would be legit or not, could one convert a lower of a PTR 9cT to a two pin lower? Why are some clones like the POF two pin but not the PTR or Dakota's etc?
    I appreciate the input

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't try to convert a PTR. If you really want a two pin gun, buy one that is already approved like a Zenth.
    Last edited by Scott in IN; 07-18-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMexican View Post
    Curious to know if this would be legit or not, could one convert a lower of a PTR 9cT to a two pin lower? Why are some clones like the POF two pin but not the PTR or Dakota's etc?
    I appreciate the input
    The push pin guns usually have an FA carrier block welded into the receiver.

Do NOT drill your PTR upper for a push pin lower. You will be making an unregistered machine gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMexican View Post
    I appreciate the input
    Because that's how ATF approved the design. Not wise to alter it nor is it wise to try to duplicate it. Stick with the design as approved and as said above, if you want a two push pin gun, buy one.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Because that's how ATF approved the design. Not wise to alter it nor is it wise to try to duplicate it. Stick with the design as approved and as said above, if you want a two push pin gun, buy one.
    That’s why I come here for input. Thanks y’all. I would have bought a two pin design if they where avail. But they are not. I bought a PTR out of the only thing available at the moment. It is what it is.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

There's nothing wrong with a single pin gun and in fact that's how HK got the original rifles into the country decades ago. Two pin guns are a relatively new thing and there are only two makers of them to my knowledge, POF and Zenith, neither of which are shipping very many units at the moment.
    Enjoy your PTR, there's nothing wrong with it. If you simply prefer the aesthetics of two pins check into a clipped and pinned grip frame. The look without the hassle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links